Getting UK qualifications recognised in Australia

srg73

OK we have our valid 189 visa and wanting to make the move soon however im looking to clear as many hurdles before leaving the UK hopefully meaning our landing in Oz should result in straight forward settlement into a new house, new job and new life.

I have BSc (Hons) Degree in Building Surveying and I am Chartered Project Manager through Institute Of Building. The IOB operate in Oz and have confirmed this can transfer meaning I will remain fully Chartered. I have formal Health and Safety qualifications which I do not believe will transfer meaning I do loose some initials after my name which is a pity although I may enrol in a course shortly to obtain further H&S qualifications which are recognised in Oz.

My question is regarding my degree, work experience and having the whole package formally recognised by potential employers. I have looked through the SA web sites and my head is spinning!! Im not a trades person however I am not sure if im a construction supervisor which does seem to be classified and requires recognition or am I a Project or Contracts Manager ie I don't get my hands dirty and plan the project (this is what I do now). My Visa was granted as a Project Builder and I have 17 years continuous and entirely relevant experience as a matter of interest.

Help please

Thanks

srg73, it's a bit off subject, but do you have and direct project management experience to the passive house standard?

The majority of my work is reconstruction and refurbishment work where building regulations do apply including to insulation and services performance however I would not declare that I am an expert in Passive House Building although always happy to learn new technologies hence part of the reason for wanting to move.

Thanks Simon

Archived