Child car seat

pegibson

That will be a pain in the rear end...

We land in 3 weeks, so wondering how we get one so we can leave the airport!

Unless they sell them at the airport, which I doubt..

Are people meeting you at the airport? Are you gettin a hire car? Can you granite one trough he hire company? If you answer no to all thosecquestionsbi know what I would do, I know people who have used theirs from e UK in Aus, but I believe you will have issues if ever in an accident etc.

Are people meeting you at the airport? Are you gettin a hire car? Can you granite one trough he hire company? If you answer no to all thosecquestionsbi know what I would do, I know people who have used theirs from e UK in Aus, but I believe you will have issues if ever in an accident etc.

we have friends picking us up.

I am searching web now for one, so maybe if I ask them nicely they will but it for us, then we will pay them when we get there.

I am looking on BIG W, do you know were else would sell them? In SA?

we have friends picking us up.

I am searching web now for one, so maybe if I ask them nicely they will but it for us, then we will pay them when we get there.

I am looking on BIG W, do you know were else would sell them? In SA?

That would be your best bet, would also save you taking one with you from here. Try K Mart, if that store is in SA.

If you are interested as to which car seats tested well you should refer to the CREP site and read their reports etc.

How old are your children?

This page, children 6 months to 4 years

http://www.crep.com.au/crep-results.php

Some decent seats rated.

ETA -

The Maxi Rider Ezy adjust rates well and better in ease of use. Safe n Sound is Britax.

Fwiw, the maxi cosi rates badly (unlike in the UK where it tends to fair better). This is because Aus standards test more impact angles and it fared very poorly. I'd not touch it with a barge pole personally. Lot of money for a poorly rated seat.

Guest littlesarah

There are companies that hire baby & child equipment, including car seats. Two of my work mates did that. It's not too expensive - I'm looking to hire a baby capsule & the quote is $85 for 6 months, & includes installation. My friends tell me that the ones they hired looked brand new & are checked & cleaned between rentals.

Just another option that you could consider if you prefer to look before you buy...

We investigated use of the superior Swedish rear facing car seats when our now 3yo and 1yo were due.

It is not legal to use car seats that do not meet the Australian definition, even if they are regarded as safer. The fine in Queensland is $330 each time you are booked by the police.

Options could be to travel by taxi to your accommodation, where you have one waiting. Taxi's are exempt in Queensland.

Archived