Kayaking buddy wanted

tonyman

I would love to join you but it will be 2015 before my husband and I arrive in Oz... Used to do it as a teenager all the time and introduced the hubby and kids to it this year... They are all hooked. They are asking for cash for next xmas so they can buy a Kayak as soon as we arrive!

If you go on any trips start a thread following your adventures, would be great to see!

We've got a couple of kayaks Nick..

Must admit I tend to just have short little bursts on mine....not much stamina. Lol.

But OH takes it more seriously and will go off for miles in his. We do the Swan river quite frequently and I'm sure he would be happy to have someone who could actually keep up with him...

Weve also taken them on hols to Shark Bay and Margaret River..

We've got a couple of kayaks Nick..

Must admit I tend to just have short little bursts on mine....not much stamina. Lol.

But OH takes it more seriously and will go off for miles in his. We do the Swan river quite frequently and I'm sure he would be happy to have someone who could actually keep up with him...

Weve also taken them on hols to Shark Bay and Margaret River..

sounds good , I need to loose my stomach as a NYR then I`m good to go , worse thing I did was go an a double kayak 5 Ks out from shore in the ocean when I first got here , he said don't worry I`ve got a shark finder and deterant !! after 5 hrs I was as stiff as a board and probs lucky to be in one piece ....the week after he capsized and got stranded loosing all his tackle ....never again......stick to rivers and harbours ..........

anyone wanna go kayaking on the Swan now n again ..........so many places to go ........I want to take it serious and go kayak camping at some point ........anyone in interested .....Perth .......
was my goal to do this when I arrived but sadly it will stay a dream. On the brighter side myself & 10 others are doing a charity kayak across lake windermere in june to raise money for incubaters for childrens hospitals. We have been raiseing money for the last 20 years ever since a friend of mine lost his new born twins. Look up newlife in a search engine its amazing the money raised.

If you were here I'd be with you every day.
If that was ment for me then thankyou. Over a year we have golf days with auctions in the evenings, three hill climbs, god you would be amazed how people give there time & money up. I know it is against the rules on here but when I do the row if I gave details to the newlife direct to them is it something which would be permitted ?.

where are you then coventry...?

ACT. Lots of awesome kayaking areas white water included. I'll be starting with a sit on (Hurricane or Cobra) and who knows after that.

Archived