Aussie Driving?

Beeps

That unfortunately could lead to even more confusion, different countries, different rules!

In Scotland if someone flashed their lights at a junction it would mean that they are letting you in/you can go first. In Singapore, the same light flashing means that the car flashing their lights are telling you that they are going to go first so you DO NOT move!

Perhaps if it was mandatory for all immigrants arriving in a new country to take a 3 month driving course there wouldn't be so many moans and groans about it?

That's a great idea...

We could learn to undertake and tailgate and just turn,signal instead of mirror signal turn.

Ps. Check the driving death statistics and decide which country you would rather drive in. Shocking considering the emptier roads out here

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you mean so that they can learn to drive badly as well?

Otherwise it would make more sense if the locals actually went on a driving course

They do outside Qld.

That's a great idea...We could learn to undertake and tailgate and just turn,signal instead of mirror signal turn.Ps. Check the driving death statistics and decide which country you would rather drive in. Shocking considering the emptier roads out here
You could actually learn to indicate, that woud be a start.

You could actually learn to indicate, that woud be a start.

Indicate while I'm already turning? What's the point may as well not bother at all.

Anyone who thinks the driving is better here than back home must not drive much in either country or is one of these "everything is better in oz" folk

The more of these driving threads I see the more I think people from o/seas should have to pass some sort of proficiency test before they are allowed on the road. It's obvious that more than a few are ignorant of the road rules but driving around anyway.

I think your lot are the ignorant ones.

Driving like the locals does not make you a better driver. The roads are safer with folk like me not tailgating or undertaking.

Look at the stats - Aussies are bad drivers.

The more of these driving threads I see the more I think people from o/seas should have to pass some sort of proficiency test before they are allowed on the road.

Indeed....Defensive driving lessons should be compulsory before they take their life in their hands driving on the roads here

Driving like the locals does not make you a better driver. The roads are safer with folk like me not tailgating or undertaking.

What stats?

So is tailgating and undertaking your main issues? And can you just clarify the undertaking, where does this generally happen to you? And where does the tailgating happen?

i wonder if you drive like the poms I see everyday in the middle lane below the speed limit?

So is flashing your lights at an oncoming car smart practice?

While both sat stationary at a junction which is when flashing of the lights would be used. But hey I can handle sitting unnecessarily long than being tailgated

Anyone who thinks the driving is better here than back home must not drive much in either country or is one of these "everything is better in oz" folk

'Everything is better in oz', no not at all!! You have good and bad drivers regardless of which country you live/drive in, pretty foolish to think otherwise!

I haven't read of any driving practices on this thread that I haven't seen take place in both Aus and UK. Undertaking, tailgating, excessive speed, fatalities etc all occur unfortunately! I've lived in 5 different countries and bad driving it seems is not exclusive only to Aus and UK drivers...

So is tailgating and undertaking your main issues? And can you just clarify the undertaking, where does this generally happen to you? And where does the tailgating happen?

i wonder if you drive like the poms I see everyday in the middle lane below the speed limit?

It usually happens when the lanes are going at the same speed and some bogan often in a ute is weaving in and out of lanes to speed the journey up

Ps. Check the driving death statistics and decide which country you would rather drive in. Shocking considering the emptier roads out here

So driving vast distances, driver fatigue, corrugated and unsealed roads, Roos and other wildlife etc don't count of course.

This thread makes me laugh at how ridiculous some posters are.

Have none of you driven in France,Italy,Poland, Germany and scratched their heads at how they drive?

It's THEIR country and that's how they drive. If you don't like it bugger off back the the UK where everybody drives like angels.

Rant over (for now)

I feel like I must of missed something or maybe its different here in Adelaide, I drive around 30,000 km a year here in SA and have no major problems at all.

Come across one or two dickheads each week, but that's bound to happen, same as back in UK....hired a car while in Cairns too and had no issues there.

So driving vast distances, driver fatigue, corrugated and unsealed roads, Roos and other wildlife etc don't count of course.

Have none of you driven in France,Italy,Poland, Germany and scratched their heads at how they drive?

It's THEIR country and that's how they drive. If you don't like it bugger off back the the UK where everybody drives like angels.

Rant over (for now)

Ok so if you don't love everything about a country you should move home...

I'm off to the cricket tomorrow, is it ok for me to cheer England? Or do I have to support the Aussies otherwise be told to move home?

Rant over (for now)

You beat me to it mate and for me the very worst would be Athens :wacko: with Madrid and Barcelona not far behind :laugh:

Ok so if you don't love everything about a country you should move home...

I'm off to the cricket tomorrow, is it ok for me to cheer England? Or do I have to support the Aussies otherwise be told to move home?

Best you leave. We don't need your kind here thanks very much....

It usually happens when the lanes are going at the same speed and some bogan often in a ute is weaving in and out of lanes to speed the journey up

Thats funny you say that because I had some bogan in a nice volvo do the same on the M56 this afternoon. Only the left lane was empty allowing him to do it. Middle lane drivers again holding up the whole motorway.

Thats funny you say that because I had some bogan in a nice volvo do the same on the M56 this afternoon. Only the left lane was empty allowing him to do it. Middle lane drivers again holding up the whole motorway.

I agree middle lane drivers are a problem in the UK. But they are pretty easy to overtake in a safe manner.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Archived