Can someone recommend a family friendly area in North Sydney to rent please?

Fishenka

How I did it was compare my UK salary and the Austalian salary offer to the national averages. For example if in the UK you earn £44K that is roughly double the UK average. In Australia the national average is around $65k, so to feel similarly well off you'd need to earn $130k (closer to $140k when you factor in super).

Dolls Point and areas round there are quite idyllic - bayside, lovely sea breezes, etc. However public transport from there is poor, even going to the city. It's definitely not commutable to the north side.

I lived in Oatley which is in the St Georges area (north of Sutherland). A little gem of a village, 40 minutes train to the city, half an hour drive or train to the beach, close to the river, huge parklands, nice walks, good school, close to huge Hurstville shopping centre. I'd recommend it to anyone working in the city but only if you take the train - while it takes less than half an hour to reach the CBD in the evening, it can take three hours in the rush hour! Again, not practical to commute if you need to go beyond the city.

Archived