Good news for Partner Visa applicants

Adam Grey

It's been on the cards for a while but we've just received confirmation that Subclass 300, 309/100, 820/801 partner visa applications can be completed online

from the 9th Dec 2013. Great news for prospective applicants and a step in the right direction from the DIBP.

"I am writing to update you on a two new initiatives that will shortly be introduced by the Department

of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to enhance client service.

ImmiAccount

From 9 December 2013, the department will introduce ImmiAccount which will provide a single entry point to the

department's online visa application systems. The new online facility will be a self-service web portal that will enable clients to create, submit, pay for and

manage all online applications in the one online system.

Further information regarding the new ImmiAccount facility can be accessed through the department’s website at Welcome to DIBP.

Online Lodgement for Partner visa applications

Online Lodgement for Partner visa applications will become available from 9 December 2013. Once available,

eligible clients will be able to complete and lodge partner or prospective marriage visa applications online (subclasses 300, 309/100 and 820/801).

For further information about online lodgement, please visit the department’s website at Welcome to DIBP.

Should you have any questions regarding these two new initiatives, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,"

The more things change, the more they stay the same:

From 1 September 2007 47SP (internet) and 40SP (internet) partner electronic application and sponsorship forms will not be accessible through the DIAC website. This removal of access is necessary because clients were not able to lodge these forms electronically, resulting in confusion for some applicants.

Prospective applicants will be directed to the PDF versions which can be printed off and completed by hand. DIAC will continue to accept completed hard copy versions of 47SP and 40SP partner electronic application and sponsorship forms when they are submitted at our offices.

Note: You will not be able to access completed or partially-completed application forms from 1 September 2007. END OF FILE

This can be found at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/news/2007/may/partner-online-forms/

How does that work? I wouldn't like to spend hours scanning every single bit of evidence I have and putting it as an attachment?

What about providing original copies such as police certificates they will still need to be posted?

Hopefully we'll find out next week when it's released. My guess would be that it will operate the same as the 189/190 and colour scanned copies will be fine, but we'll see.

If it is the case, it means no more paying out for certifications, no more postage fees, online updates rather than having to phone the CO, no worrying about items not being received, streamlined processing....Lots of positives.

wtf i've never heard of them wanting fingerprints...we're not criminals lol. I'm as confused as you are Dan. I think i'll just lodge the visa app paper based and pay the amount it says to pay which is $4575. Fingerprinting would be an option if they let you lodge it in person but apparently that's a no go too.

You can still lodge via paper but the DIBP will charge an additional non-Internet application fee of $80.

Biometrics is only a requirement for a select few countries. It's not required for partner visa applications lodged in Australia, so you're fine.

Bloody hell as if the $4575 isn't enough they want to add an extra 80? I haven't read that anywhere so i assume that info will pop up on immi once the online application is available. I'll see what the online version is like. I'm getting a headache already, i'm sure i'm gonna mess it up some how now.

It will show up on the Visa Pricing Table when they make the adjustments over the weekend. It's meant to serve as an incentive to use electronic applications and supposedly offset the added processing costs of handling a paper-based application.

Just check, double check and triple check everything before you lodge, but don't get stressed about it or doubt yourself. If you've got the application ready to go in paper form then perhaps lodging it paper-based will be less worrying.

It will show up on the Visa Pricing Table when they make the adjustments over the weekend. It's meant to serve as an incentive to use electronic applications and supposedly offset the added processing costs of handling a paper-based application.

Just check, double check and triple check everything before you lodge, but don't get stressed about it or doubt yourself. If you've got the application ready to go in paper form then perhaps lodging it paper-based will be less worrying.

Thanks Adam, you've been very helpful on both threads I've asked questions.

Britchick, are you sending in actual evidence where things like cards are concerned? Do you know if its acceptable to send countersigned photocopies of 'evidence' such as photos and the like or do they prefer the genuine stuff and then to post it back to you?

Bloody hell as if the $4575 isn't enough they want to add an extra 80? I haven't read that anywhere so i assume that info will pop up on immi once the online application is available. I'll see what the online version is like. I'm getting a headache already, i'm sure i'm gonna mess it up some how now.

BC, you've done all the legwork for a paper application. Gotten things certified etc. I'd just carry on with the paper application and don't even try to get your head round online when you are practically set to lodge. All IMHO of course ;)

Thanks Adam, you've been very helpful on both threads I've asked questions.

Britchick, are you sending in actual evidence where things like cards are concerned? Do you know if its acceptable to send countersigned photocopies of 'evidence' such as photos and the like or do they prefer the genuine stuff and then to post it back to you?

You don't get photos countersigned. Just send in the pics or scan them onto a couple of sheets of A4. They'll send originals back.

ETA- you only need certain things like birth certificates and passports certified. You don't get every single piece of evidence rubber stamped. The checklist tells you what needs to be witnessed etc.

Archived