Validating AHPRA at office on 457 Visa

pacticenurse

Hi, I'll be attending AHPRA office in Sydney to validate my Nursing Reg. I'm on a 457 visa.

I've read that a criminal record check is required as well as passport & Eligibility letter when you attend.

I've not had a criminal record check as this was not a requirement for this visa. Is there any other 457 nurses out there who recently attended on a 457 got any info on this?

I'm worried that I'll turn up at office next week and be rejected. How do I know which check is suitable?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Hi, I'll be attending AHPRA office in Sydney to validate my Nursing Reg. I'm on a 457 visa.

I've read that a criminal record check is required as well as passport & Eligibility letter when you attend.

I've not had a criminal record check as this was not a requirement for this visa. Is there any other 457 nurses out there who recently attended on a 457 got any info on this?

I'm worried that I'll turn up at office next week and be rejected. How do I know which check is suitable?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Hi

I do not think you will be rejected, validating at AHPRA is validating your identity which is why you need your passport. AHPRA will do an Australian police checks. I went to AHPRA a day after arriving here and they also wanted my Australian proof of address but I just showed them the arrival stamp in my passport and told them I was still staying in a hotel. They where fine with it because they had a photo ID with the passport. You will be fine so don't stress.

Hi there,

they conduct their own police check, not you. When you go to AHPRA office, you need the eligibility letter, passport and proof of address ( we opened a bank account with an Australian address - friend`s address - and gave them the account statement). We offered our US driver`s licenses and they photocopied them too but as far as I know, 1 photo ID - passport - should be enough. Good luck.

Hi there,

they conduct their own police check, not you. When you go to AHPRA office, you need the eligibility letter, passport and proof of address ( we opened a bank account with an Australian address - friend`s address - and gave them the account statement). We offered our US driver`s licenses and they photocopied them too but as far as I know, 1 photo ID - passport - should be enough. Good luck.

Are u on 457 visa?

Are u on 457 visa?

At the time of validation I only had a tourist visa. I got my PR 2 weeks ago :jiggy:. AHPRA needs the passport to see the date of entry to Australia (requirements are different for people who have been residing in Australia for more than 6 weeks). Visa doesn`t come into the AHPRA process, I guess they assume since you`re in the country, you are there legally :biggrin:

Archived