My health declaration TRN vs Visa Application TRN

DianaK

Hi,

I have just completed My Health Declaration, and as a result I got a TRN Number and HAP ID Number.

I understand that that the HAP ID is for the Medicals but do I have to use the same TRN for the Visa Application or I can start a Visa Application which will generate a new TRN number?

As I was curious, I filled in a visa application with all the details earlier today but I have not submitted the application as we were still deciding where to take the medicals and how to arrange the Police Certificates.

Now I have a TRN from this earlier application and TRN from the Health Declaration.

Can I keep my Visa Application TRN and use it to proceed with the process or because my HAP ID are linked to the other TRN, I must use this one?

Hi DianaK,

Just to be clear, have you applied for a visa at all, or have you just sorted your medicals? As far as I'm aware, if you haven't applied for a visa you'll get a visa TRN number when you apply - don't think there's even an option for you to choose your TRN number. Someone may know different though...

cheers

teacherben

Hi Ben,

I have not paid yet, meaning that I have not submitted the Visa Application, although I did fill in all the details, without uploading any documents. At that time, I got TRN Number.

Later that day, I submitted My Health Declaration and I got another TRN.

What a mess I have created!!! :wub:

I figured it out. Before I lodge my official Visa Application, which I have already started, I will just add the HAP ID when I complete the part asking if we had health exams within the last 6 - 12 months. To figured it out, I tried to log in with the TRN number that was generated during My Health Declaration process and it did not allow me to do it. Hence, this TRN cannot be used.

Now, I should find out if a mistake is made on My Health Declaration, can we just start a new one and leave the old "as is" to be deleted automatically after a while, or we should call DIBP to change the wrong information.

I guess, it is the same as if we fill in a visa application and never submit it.

• 5 months later...

I was checking the health account regularly but nothing changed there. It was the visa account that was used for updates by the migration officer. In fact, I have never heard anything from them until the visa was granted.

Archived