EOI for 189 and 190 question

DianaK

I have already submitted and EOI for NSW 190 but I have not been invited yet.

Now, I would like to submit for 189 as well.

How do we do that?

Do we use the same EOI and just update it by checking the box for 189 (190 has already been checked during the initial submission) or do we submit a new EOI?

Hi Diana,

Yes you can just update/amend the EOI by checking the 189 box. This can be done at any point up to invitation. I would suggest doing it quickly because there is a round of invitations next week and depending on your occupation and your EOI score you could get a quick invitation.

Good luck,

This is exactly my point but CPA (according to them) is printing the assessment letter since yesterday :rolleyes:

They were supposed to e-mail it to me by the day of the day but it is a new day today and I still do not have it.

Well, better wait to be 100% sure about those points but hopefully we will make it for the next round.

I will add 5 points for partner skills, which will update my 190 as well.

Will it be a problem that I have already sent my documents to NSW with 60 points and now they will become 65 with the partner's skill?

Im a little confused, are you the main applicant or a partner that was taking the skills assessment to claim partner skill points?

Does the main applicant have a positive skills assessment yet? This must be prior to invitation so if you don't have it, even if you do receive an invitation from NSW or the DIBP you wouldn't be able to accept it and make a visa application. It's essential to make sure that if you're invited you can provide documentary evidence during the actual visa application to score at least the number of points you were invited under. If you're not 100% sure you really shouldn't submit the EOI.

Gaining extra points after submitting the NSW SS application is not an issue.

Thanks, Adam!

I am the main applicant, the 5 extra points are for my husband's skills. Yesterday, I got an e-mail that the assessment is complete and I should receive another e-mail with the outcome by the end of the day yesterday.

I am expecting positive assessment for him but I would not submit and EOI without seeing the letter with my eyes. It should come any time now and I was not sure if it is OK that my points for 190 increased. I guess, if they intend to invite me they will with the 60 points anyway.

Alnaibii,

I am in a similar situation like you - I got acknowledgement from NSW on Nov 11th, 2013 and at that time they mentioned in the letter that they are still working on applications received on 12th of October.

That's weird. On my Ack on 26th of November, they stated they are working on applications from 3rd of October :confused:

In any case, you can modify your EOI anytime before the invitation, to reflect your current situation.

Alnaibii,

I will have to wait for that. Got the assessment yesterday and they totally messed it up, so now they have to review it again.:arghh:

On my husband's assessement, they marked 3 courses as "Not Completed", while all 3 are on the transcripts and show the marks from the exams. The course names are even the same!!! And CPA has Mutual Recognition Agreement with CGA Canada!

And for my assessment, they recognized the same courses, taken through the same institution.

At least, I am glad I submitted for 190. This is strange that the dates on the acknowledgement letters are not making much sense but let me know if yuo hear from them. I will do the same. Do you think that the Occupation might be a factor in giving those dates to people? I am Accountant (General). What about you?

Sorry to hear about the assessment.

No, they say they process all files in chronological order. In this spreadsheet you can see other people's timeline. You can fill in yours as well, if you want. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArviwOkQc_pFdFoxeU94QXVKTkFOSV9SM05CdXFxU3c&usp=drive_web#gid=97

I am an architect, there are not so many in this list. Mostly accountants and IT :)

Archived