newbie hoping for help with visas/general info about moving

titchx26

Hi :)

Me & my partner are both 22years old and have been dreaming of moving to Australia permanently. Any information on the moving process would be great (do you regret moving? how long can the process take? best visa choice? ect) We've tried researching the different possible visas that are available but its alot of information to take in. I think our best hope is through a skilled trade but we are unsure as to whether either of us class as having one (weve looked at the list but unsure if ours counts lol). My partner is a machine operator at a large company and i have a nvq level3 in beauty therapy but i currently work in retail.

any info would be great

thankyou

Ok, well your occupation is unlikely to help. I'm not sure of your partners. If you find the jobs you think might match, google the code which is listed with that job. It will give you a job description and minimum experience and qualifications. Often you still need more than the minimum to apply for a skills assessment, but it gives you an idea.

Both go out there on a working holiday visa, and find jobs who will hopefully sponsor one of you to stay out there, get married, have babies out there, job done haha. I lived in Brisbane on a working holiday, was quality, going back in feb. if you want to extend your working holiday then you'll have to both go work on farms for 3 months to get a 2nd year working holiday, failin all that you can stay on a student visa if your studying, but you have to do a certain hours per week in the course otherwise you break clause of visa, it's so you can't sign up for a 2 year student course and go do something else, that's what I was told anyway

Both go out there on a working holiday visa, and find jobs who will hopefully sponsor one of you to stay out there, get married, have babies out there, job done haha. I lived in Brisbane on a working holiday, was quality, going back in feb. if you want to extend your working holiday then you'll have to both go work on farms for 3 months to get a 2nd year working holiday, failin all that you can stay on a student visa if your studying, but you have to do a certain hours per week in the course otherwise you break clause of visa, it's so you can't sign up for a 2 year student course and go do something else, that's what I was told anyway

I would not recommend this if you are looking at a permanent move to Oz. In order to gain sponsorship your job still has to be on either the SOL or the CSOL lists.

Your starting point is immi.gov.au to see if either of your jobs are on either of the lists. If it is only on the CSOL then you need either state or employer sponsorship. So the next point would be to check if it is on any of the state lists. If it is, then follow blossoms advice to see if you are regarded as having enough qualifications and experience. If it is not on any of the state lists, then you would require employer sponsorship and I would not be hopeful.

If your job is not on either the sol or CSOL lists, then at present you would not qualify for a permanent visa.

Archived