Tax on savings moved to the UK?

torface

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but all i seem to find is details of people transferring money to Aus and not the other way around.

I just moved back to the UK after 4 years in Aus (on a WHV then 457). I managed to save a substantial amount of money (from wages so have already paid Australian tax on it) which I now want to transfer back to the UK as I have no intentions of going back to Aus. I was just wondering if I would be liable to pay UK tax on the money if I transfer it back?

Thanks in advance for your help.

There are no restrictions on taking money out of Australia and you would not be required to pay tax on it in the UK, of course any interested earned (in either country) would be taxed in the UK if that's where you are resident for tax purposes.

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but all i seem to find is details of people transferring money to Aus and not the other way around.

I just moved back to the UK after 4 years in Aus (on a WHV then 457). I managed to save a substantial amount of money (from wages so have already paid Australian tax on it) which I now want to transfer back to the UK as I have no intentions of going back to Aus. I was just wondering if I would be liable to pay UK tax on the money if I transfer it back?

Thanks in advance for your help.

No you wouldn't.