Residency Return Visa

Wendy Robinson

Hi All,

So we have a booked a holiday back to the UK next March, and although we have applied for citizenship it is unlikely we will get it before we are due to travel. So My question is... I know I will need to get a Residents return visa to re-enter the country as our Visas have now run out, but do I need to get one for the kids as well? I have tried the immi website and Google, but can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

What visa would they be re-entering Australia on if they did not get a resident return visa? Did they get their visa at a different time than you?

They got there Visa the same time as us. We have 175 visas but they ran out in October 2013. My hubby went backto England last week and now has a 5yr RRV. I am going back with our 2 daughters one is an Aussie so will be traveling back on her Oz passport. The older daughter is British, so obviously traveling back on her UK passport.

So the question is do I need to apply for an RRV for her?? I am assuming I do but obviously don't want to fork out $350 if she doesn't need one.

They got there Visa the same time as us. We have 175 visas but they ran out in October 2013. My hubby went backto England last week and now has a 5yr RRV. I am going back with our 2 daughters one is an Aussie so will be traveling back on her Oz passport. The older daughter is British, so obviously traveling back on her UK passport.

So the question is do I need to apply for an RRV for her?? I am assuming I do but obviously don't want to fork out $350 if she doesn't need one.

You knew they needed a visa when you applied initially, why would they not now.? I am not sure what's tripping you up, everyone other than an Australian citizen needs a visa to get into Australia.

Archived