Nurse Registration Query

fimbo

Hi there do you mind me asking how you got your offer of employment and the process that took? I too am a HV in Scotland and moving to Brisbane march 2014 and would REALLY like to have offer of employment but not sure that will happen without them meeting you first? I am so nervous as don't think can get house without job and cant get job without house arghhh and im a single mum which does not help lol any advice much appreciated :-)

Hi I had a letter of offer because I applied for a post with sponsorship before I came over to Oz. Do you have an independent visa? What sort of work are you looking for? If you want to chat/talk pm me. I am employed as the Aussie equivalent of HV in NSW. :)

Okay...for an update from me in regards to finalising registration for AHPRA......

I emailed my case officier about the postal address for the certificate of registration and she advised they can mail to an alternative address - so upto that point i was clear to book flights, get visitor visa, present with ID, complete statutory declaration for address and wait.

HOWEVER I have this morning's received another email from my case manager sayingif I can produce my ID from categories A, B, C, And D, for international applications I dont need to present in person!!!! I wish they would make up there mind - and now I dont know where im upto - arrgghhh!

So heres the lack of clarity...email said - please be advised if you can produce documentation for all categories for international documentations you will NOT have to present in person.......Category A - overseas passport AND a valid Australian Visa (visitor visa acceptable), Category B - international driving licience, category C- bank statement Category D - utility account, mortgage statement etc....

I have already submitted all ID documents with my initial registration application, so as far as I know I am only outstanding the Valid Visa???

BUT why would I hold a visa if I dont need to attend in person from the UK??? Can I just apply for a visa online and that would be classed as a valid visa if I send them my reference number. Or is a visa only valid once you enter Australia??

Seems pointless to apply for a visitor visa just to say you have a visa if you do not need to travel to Oz to finalise the registration and obtain PIN number.

Arrgghh the lack of clarity is shocking... im hoping I get a response very quickly to my confused email I sent back. I am also pleased I haven'booked and paid for flights yet!!!!

Anyone else had a similiar email or shed any light??? Cant beleive they sent this email on a Friday and probably wont get an answer until next week :-(

Okay...for an update from me in regards to finalising registration for AHPRA......

I emailed my case officier about the postal address for the certificate of registration and she advised they can mail to an alternative address - so upto that point i was clear to book flights, get visitor visa, present with ID, complete statutory declaration for address and wait.

HOWEVER I have this morning's received another email from my case manager sayingif I can produce my ID from categories A, B, C, And D, for international applications I dont need to present in person!!!! I wish they would make up there mind - and now I dont know where im upto - arrgghhh!

So heres the lack of clarity...email said - please be advised if you can produce documentation for all categories for international documentations you will NOT have to present in person.......Category A - overseas passport AND a valid Australian Visa (visitor visa acceptable), Category B - international driving licience, category C- bank statement Category D - utility account, mortgage statement etc....

I have already submitted all ID documents with my initial registration application, so as far as I know I am only outstanding the Valid Visa???

BUT why would I hold a visa if I dont need to attend in person from the UK??? Can I just apply for a visa online and that would be classed as a valid visa if I send them my reference number. Or is a visa only valid once you enter Australia??

Seems pointless to apply for a visitor visa just to say you have a visa if you do not need to travel to Oz to finalise the registration and obtain PIN number.

Arrgghh the lack of clarity is shocking... im hoping I get a response very quickly to my confused email I sent back. I am also pleased I haven'booked and paid for flights yet!!!!

Anyone else had a similiar email or shed any light??? Cant beleive they sent this email on a Friday and probably wont get an answer until next week :-(

Got an answer from my case worker at AHPRA today, I dont need to present in person, I just need to get a valid visitor visa, have all my ID certified again and post them off with a print off of the visa then hopefully I should get my PIN - so pleased I dont have to present in person, saves alot of money too. Glad I didnt book my flights !

Got an answer from my case worker at AHPRA today, I dont need to present in person, I just need to get a valid visitor visa, have all my ID certified again and post them off with a print off of the visa then hopefully I should get my PIN - so pleased I dont have to present in person, saves alot of money too. Glad I didnt book my flights !

That`s strange, I`ve asked the same questions ( extension, not to appear in person), I was told I absolutely HAVE TO be there in person. That was last May so things might have changed. As per proof of address, we`ve opened a bank account and put a friend`s address. You can request AHPRA to mail your registration certificate to UK, they`ve sent mine to the US. The 2 AHPRA offices that we contacted with questions gave us different answers, and every time we talked to someone else in the same office it was a different answer :wacko: ( that was regarding the need for job offer). What we did at the end, we called the central AHPRA customer service, had a chat with a nice guy who confirmed the info with his manager ( at our request) and he sent us an official reply by email so that we have something in hand if AHPRA office wanted to stir trouble. It was a giant PITA . The vacation to finalize AHPRA was, however, great :wink:.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi shelz,

I've been wondering about this as after looking at the list of docs in categories A, B, C & D I see no reason I couldn't provide something for each category... BUT with regards to bank statements and I think utilities is it ok that these would be for a UK address?

You must have been over the moon when you found out you didn't have to present.

The main reason I ask is that there seem to be so many people struggling to register and then present within 12 months and if something sounds to good to be true it often is lol x

Did you have any exceptional circumstances or is it just that not everyone has the right ID. I am only assuming that a visa grant (189/190) would be ok to attach with a passport.

I have a while yet but one less thing to worry about is always welcome xx

Hi shelz,

I've been wondering about this as after looking at the list of docs in categories A, B, C & D I see no reason I couldn't provide something for each category... BUT with regards to bank statements and I think utilities is it ok that these would be for a UK address?

You must have been over the moon when you found out you didn't have to present.

The main reason I ask is that there seem to be so many people struggling to register and then present within 12 months and if something sounds to good to be true it often is lol x

Did you have any exceptional circumstances or is it just that not everyone has the right ID. I am only assuming that a visa grant (189/190) would be ok to attach with a passport.

I have a while yet but one less thing to worry about is always welcome xx

Hi, i have just posted the requested documents with a visitor visa all in UK address, so i guess in next few weeks i should find out lol, fingers crossed x

Archived