mechanics tools

pomonwaytooz

I know this is a bit off topic but may i ask which moving company did you use as I have seen you have said you sent your things with a move cube.

Hi I used sevenseas they are very good and are cheap aswell you would be surprised what you can fit into the cube if you pack it correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

For all you above that sent tools to oz, did you clean them or have any specially treated, I'm a carpenter joiner and going to Brisbane in feb, seven seas have told me I need to get wood cuttin tools treated, but they didn't really convince me who or where to get it done, I don't want to just give them a proper clean then get told by oz customs that there going to charge me shed loads to treat them. Make sense?? Thanks

We used Excess International Movers to fly over a load of mechanic's tools. We were told that it would take a week and ended up taking nearly two. However, it was easy and relatively inexpensive. The company came to collect them from our home and delivered them door to door.

As for cleaning, my H gave all his tools a rub down with a cloth, removed any obvious grot, sprayed around some Jeyes Fluid and generally hoped for the best. Our stuff all passed inspection and we didn't need to get anything cleaned or fumigated.

Archived