489 Family sponsored and 887

ozpete

Hi,

I would like to get some advice on a couple of issues:

1. As designated area post codes in QLD, DIAC states 4180-4899 (anywhere except Brisbane metropolitan area). Where can I find if a town is part of Brisbane Metropolitan area or not?

2. Should the 887 condition, 2 year residence in a designated area, be satisfied by every applicant who is more than 18 years or only applicable to principal applicant. If my partner takes extended holidays (months) back home in the UK would she fail to qualify for 887 the same time that I do?

Thanks

Postcodes 4180-4899 are the designated area postcodes. Brisbane metro postcodes are not in that range.

I

NickyNook, could you please quote your source. If that is the case I would have thought they would have stated 'all post codes except Brisbane Metro area'. They have given many ranges, but only the last range they have included the except clause. From Google search some sites state Brisbane Metro codes as: 4000-4207, 4300-4305, 4500-4519. very confusing. Thanks.

NickyNook, could you please quote your source. If that is the case I would have thought they would have stated 'all post codes except Brisbane Metro area'. They have given many ranges, but only the last range they have included the except clause. From Google search some sites state Brisbane Metro codes as: 4000-4207, 4300-4305, 4500-4519. very confusing. Thanks.

I would have thought a list of postcodes to be much clearer than the statement you suggest. You seem to have the list of postcodes, how can it be any clearer.