Additional Baggage on a one way flight when activating perm visa?

james007

I believe they give double baggage allowance if you are moving over with a permanent visa on one way flight. They have recently increased standard allowance to 30 kilo so if you contact them you should be able to get 60kilo each. I think this new increase is from 1st of January flights but contact them anyway.

We fly Nov 28th and have 30kgs each doubled to 60 kg. I think the increase began for flights from Nov 15th.

Hi Great News

I am looking to book flights on Friday and leave on a one way in Jan 14

I guess their is not an option for this online? So you book online, give your book ref over telephone and get this increased to 60kg?

Was this with Singapore right?

Hi Great News

I guess their is not an option for this online? So you book online, give your book ref over telephone and get this increased to 60kg?

You email them once you've booked and include your visa grant letter and flight info and just get a confirmation email back. Print it off to take with you to the airport as a precaution.

Does anyone know if this is the case with Malaysia airlines?

thanks

Afaik only if you book your flight through IOM. Flights don't seem to be cheaper but younger the excess. Seats are limited via this option though.

Hi Great News

We booked through Skyscanner then, as Snifter says, we emailed the flight details and a copy of the unvalidated visa to Singapore Airlines. We did have to chase them with a couple of phone calls but we got the increase.

We booked through Skyscanner then, as Snifter says, we emailed the flight details and a copy of the unvalidated visa to Singapore Airlines. We did have to chase them with a couple of phone calls but we got the increase.

Thanks for the info! Did they update your e ticket after or just send an email?

Thanks for the info! Did they update your e ticket after or just send an email?

Email them. It takes a few days but they email back confirmation. Print it off and fake with you.

Email them. It takes a few days but they email back confirmation. Print it off and fake with you.
Thanks for the reply. They have got back to me and informed me I am able to get 10KG extra, not double:

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that there has been a recent change in our baggage policy

with regards to passengers who are migrating.

Kindly note, if you hold an unstamped/unused visa, you will be eligible for

an extra 10 kilos checked baggage allowance on presenting the visa at the

airport at the time of check-in.

This would bring your checked baggage allowance to 40 kilos. We would

suggest that you send us the copy of the Visa Grant Notice in order to

check and assist you further.

Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines.

• 3 weeks later...
What about if you have a 457 visa-three years working visa and a one way ticket? Would they allow it then?

It's usually for permanent unvalidated visa holders only.

You need to contact the airline, send them your visa grant proof etc and see what they say.

Archived