Hello everyone!

bryzee86

Good evening all (and good morning to those of you already in Oz!).

Allow me to introduce myself - I am Bryan, a 27-year-old Mancunian who has yo-yo'd up and down the UK for the last few years. I'm married to a seasoned PIO forumite (Joeybee), and it is on her 189 visa that I will be included as a dependant (when it finally comes...).

We started thinking about the process of going elsewhere about a year ago, when we realised how much the NHS is being sent down the pan by the current lot in Westminster (Jo is a nurse). Therefore, Oz Came calling!

We'll be living in Sydney after a short hop to Perth to see people we know, and I will probably get a job doing what I'm used to (admin-based office job or similar) when we first go over, but I would like to get a proper trade at long last (possibly Electrician or Telecommunications engineer) so that I can properly start afresh.

Still, where better than in the 'Land of Plenty'?! I know it's not going to be an easy road - I'm not that naive - but I am looking forward to working hard to better our lives.

Anyway, hi folks - I'm sure this place will come in plenty useful over the next few months. :yes:

Guest Guest 47403

Now then, welcome to the forum mate.

Good luck with the retraining there's a few of us that have done it on here I did it at 32 and am considering doing it again once in Oz, it's not as daunting as most people think.

Now then, welcome to the forum mate.

Good luck with the retraining there's a few of us that have done it on here I did it at 32 and am considering doing it again once in Oz, it's not as daunting as most people think.

Hi Baz, thanks for that. Having always been more of an academic than vocational person, I've been putting this off for a few years now, but now is the right time to take this opportunity and run. Ta for the encouraging words.

Archived