October 2013 189 visa applicants

fishbowl84

hey! are you from manila? you can do your timeline through settings - in my settings section - edit signature :) cheers

Hi! Yes, Manila indeed. Found my way to edit signature thanks.

I notice from your timeline that we're only about 2 weeks apart in lodging dates. Just got my CO ( initials PM ) yesterday from Team 34- Brisbane. Perhaps you'll get yours tomorrow in a wink ;)

Frontloaded everything though, including PCC, Form 80, and medicals. I wonder dear; if your evisa page still has the OH link for meds?

mine had been showing OH for the past weeks after meds, but CO confirmed yesterday it was referred to MOC due to some declared medical conditions. However, this afternoon the evisa page shows a different status from OH to ' no medical tests required' yet under the health requirement page it indicates as ' requested '.

Any thoughts on how these terms could be reconciled? -- whether it's been cleared or not!

thanks!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, may I know when we will be requested to fill in form 80 and submit?

Hi! I think generally after a CO has requested for medicals, or sometimes if medical had been frontloaded earlier, a CO may request it afterwards. It depends on many ither factors perhaps whether you come from HR country.

Congratulations! Good on you! Did you know you had a case officer before the grant? Hopefully we get ours soon too!

Hi fishbowl! No, we were never informed that a CO was allocated. I think the CO will contact you in case he/she needs further docs, otherwise, they will give you a direct grant. =)

hey everyone how do you book in your medicals and does it have to be done at your local hospital.

Hi!

on your evisa page, you should find the ' organize your health link'. In it you'll find instructions, including accredited panel doctors that hopefully is around your area.

goodluck;)

Hi!

Today, I was granted my 189 Visa by GSM Brisbane Team 34.

I thank God for his immense grace!! And ALL of you friends in the forum:) thank you!

To all with Visa grant and who have helped thru this forum please let's continue supporting.

To all those waiting, don't lose hope.

There is universe listening to what our hearts' desires are.:)))

Thank you.

That's great well done. I am finding thing a little harder to get my head around as we have an agent and she keeps telling me that we don't have to do our health checks or CRB checks until we have a CO, but everybody else seams to be getting them done before hand. I hope that she is right as i don't want to be waiting around for no reason.

I would like to say thanks to everyone that's on here as you have all been a great help.

After 5 weeks, got an email from my CO today. From Adelaide Team 7. I am overjoyed. She/He is requesting for passport photographs (silly me, I never thought they would require this!), husband's IELTS (which I have uploaded yesterday, however still shows as requested), and my evidence for Australian Experience (which I have uploaded on the 12th). We are also still awaiting clearance of the medicals done on 11/11/2013. I have just uploaded the above documents again, and attached it on the email reply just to be sure. Hoping to get the visa by next week!

That's great well done. I am finding thing a little harder to get my head around as we have an agent and she keeps telling me that we don't have to do our health checks or CRB checks until we have a CO, but everybody else seams to be getting them done before hand. I hope that she is right as i don't want to be waiting around for no reason.

I would like to say thanks to everyone that's on here as you have all been a great help.

Well, I had anticipated my medical to be referred so had it earlier. If there are medical conditions that you believe may be categorised as ' B ' then turnaround time may be shortened if its done with asap.

Hey Manilaoz

Could I ask you whether you were the only applicant, or whether your visa 189 had secondary applicants? I'm starting to think those with secondary applicants (which would be in my case) take a bit longer than those with only primary applicants.

That's right. Applications including migrating dependents may take longer to assess than those single applicants like me.;)

After 5 weeks, got an email from my CO today. From Adelaide Team 7. I am overjoyed. She/He is requesting for passport photographs (silly me, I never thought they would require this!), husband's IELTS (which I have uploaded yesterday, however still shows as requested), and my evidence for Australian Experience (which I have uploaded on the 12th). We are also still awaiting clearance of the medicals done on 11/11/2013. I have just uploaded the above documents again, and attached it on the email reply just to be sure. Hoping to get the visa by next week!

Hi fishbowl! That's good news. My health requirement status remained ' requested' until the grant day itself when it was finalised.

manilaoz Thanks for that information, do you possibly have the website where i can look into the medical checks i am unsure what cat B is. We have been very much left in the dark about this part of the visa, our agent hasn't given us are log in details as she say the company do like to do that as people have removed paper work and added thing that where not needed :wacko:. I am also a little worried as i got two speeding fines when i was in australia last time i hope this doesn't effect the visa.

Fish bowl is it just you on your visa or do you have a dependent?

manilaoz Thanks for that information, do you possibly have the website where i can look into the medical checks i am unsure what cat B is. We have been very much left in the dark about this part of the visa, our agent hasn't given us are log in details as she say the company do like to do that as people have removed paper work and added thing that where not needed :wacko:. I am also a little worried as i got two speeding fines when i was in australia last time i hope this doesn't effect the visa.

Fish bowl is it just you on your visa or do you have a dependent?

Hi Zoiphia--

The character and health requirements are available in the DIBP website.

You can also search through google the ' instructions for panel doctors ' ( Australian Migration ) which outlines the category As/ Bs.

I think character requirements would consider if there are ' significant ' convictions (more than 12 months ).

hope these help;)

Hi Zoiphia--

The character and health requirements are available in the DIBP website.

You can also search through google the ' instructions for panel doctors ' ( Australian Migration ) which outlines the category As/ Bs.

I think character requirements would consider if there are ' significant ' convictions (more than 12 months ).

hope these help;)

Yea that is a great help this forum is really good glad it was set up. when are you looking at going then now everything is done. i am very happy for you.

Archived