IELTS Engligh Language test for skilled migration visa

PeterJa

Hi, I'm about to do my EOI for a skilled migration visa. I'm looking at my points score and it's "ok", but I haven't sat an IELTS test.

Can I boost my score by sitting one of these tests first? I have a UK passport and my English is mother-tongue.

Thanks for any advice,

Pete.

Hi, I'm about to do my EOI for a skilled migration visa. I'm looking at my points score and it's "ok", but I haven't sat an IELTS test.

Can I boost my score by sitting one of these tests first? I have a UK passport and my English is mother-tongue.

Thanks for any advice,

Pete.

What do you mean your points test is ok? Do you mean you have 60? If so, then are there any points you are uncertain about, like work experience points? If you have any kind of uncertainty, then it probably would be better to take IELTS and include those points instead. By the way, it is quite unusual to get 60 points without IELTS, so I might just caution you to double check everything is entered correctly.

Thanks A LOT for the quick replies everyone.

Am I likely to get 20 points? I'm mother tongue and I write pretty well - on the other hand, I'm not Shakespeare or Oscar Wilde :)

Does your "average Brit" get the max?

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi Pete,

I'm an 'average Brit' lolol did my IELTS not long ago and scored pretty well. I did the free practice tests for revision but that was pretty much it. Definitely worth doing for the extra points. Scores are in my Sig.

I would say do it, just make sure you revise to understand the format of each part of the test and as an average Brit you should easily achieve a 7 and 8-9 with a bit of work.

best of luck with everything

Jay

Thanks A LOT for the quick replies everyone.

Am I likely to get 20 points? I'm mother tongue and I write pretty well - on the other hand, I'm not Shakespeare or Oscar Wilde :)

Does your "average Brit" get the max?

Cheers,

Pete.

It is a literacy test, it is not an English A level. Some people make a bit of a fuss about it, but yes the average English person who is fully literate should expect to get full marks.

Archived