Public Schools in Avoca Beach/Terrigal

Guest sandy25

Guest sandy25

Hi, We're awaiting reply from skill assessment forms and are ready to post our application for permanenet residency. We're considering Avoca Beach/Terrigal area. I'd like to know if anyone has any information about the public schools in these areas. Are they good? Is one better than the other? Good and bad points etc. I've checked out what I can over the net but the information is limited and personal experience counts for alot. Do you know of any other public or private schools in the area which have a good/best reputation.

Thanks alot

Wendy:jiggy:

Guest Ron & Chel

Hi Sandy we too are heading to the same are in july fingers crossed best to send gizmo a message she will prop be able to help I have been told not to send the kids to school or live north of gosford as its not quite so nice an area

Hi, We're awaiting reply from skill assessment forms and are ready to post our application for permanenet residency. We're considering Avoca Beach/Terrigal area. I'd like to know if anyone has any information about the public schools in these areas. Are they good? Is one better than the other? Good and bad points etc. I've checked out what I can over the net but the information is limited and personal experience counts for alot. Do you know of any other public or private schools in the area which have a good/best reputation.

Thanks alot

Wendy:jiggy:

Hi Wendy,

Have you had a look at NSW Public Schools Home Page should give you a bit of info and also The National Education Directory Australia Pty Ltd - Gosford

I know of parents that have children at several differnt schools in and around the area - but it seems to be swings & roundabouts with the majority of schools here,(my daughters in Terrigal High)

alot of the peeps coming from the uk are tending to put their children into private schools and pay for the education.

all the best

gizmo

Guest sandy25

Hi Gizmo, Thanks for the reply. I checked out the sites, thanks. Do you know of any good private schools or are they all about the same. They all seem to be Catholic or religious schools. We're not catholic and reading some of the websites, it seems that priority is given to catholic children and they ask for baptism dates etc.Any help????Have you heard any reports of Avoca Beach or Terrigal public school. Thanks alot, Wendy

Hi Wendy,

My daughter attends Terrigal High School,

a good private school so i have heard is green point christian college

Green Point Christian College

we know of a south african girl who goes there and is doing very well.

Most of the private schools that i have heard off are religous schools -

Erina High School is suppose to be ok.

There is a magazine that i have seen here in the newsagency which is a very big mag all about the local schools in our area, i will have a look and once i know the title i will let you know - you maybe able to order a copy via WHSmiths which may give you more info on the local schools here in this area.

gizmo

Guest sandy25

Hiya Gizmo, thanks ever so much for being so helpful. It really is a big help. It must be great to know your children are settled and enjoying school. I forgot to mention that my two boys are 4 and 7 years old. Avoca beach and Terrigal look lovely. Can't wait to get there. We've put our skills application in and just waiting. The difficulty for me is there are so many lovely places to chose from in Australia, that I'd love to sample them all. We visited mackay in queensland a few weeks ago and stayed with friends which was so lovely, but just too far north, so tropical and 4 flights. We were jet lagged for a couple of weeks. Anyway thanks again, Wendy :jiggy:

Archived