Just joined

MelandJas

Hello to all

We have just joined POI and look forward to gaining advice about Australia. We are a family of 5 visiting Gold Coast in December with hopes of emigrating if we like it. Our kids are 15,12 and 11 and worry about uprooting them. Any advice from anyone would be welcomed. Also our middle child is diabetic. has anyone else had similar experiences.

Thankyou

Guest Les & Woz

Hi

First of all welcome to POI, hope you get all the information you need on here. You will love the Gold Coast and will probably decide you want to emigrate. There are other people on here with diabetes and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Don't leave it too long, my kids are 18 and 21 and the oldest doesn't want to come - she may change her mind later I hope. At least young kids have to come with you so you don't have to leave them behind!

Good luck with whatever you do.

Lesley

Guest Les & Woz

You won't be disappointed. Went out twice last year just counting down the days til we can leave for our adventure!

Lesley

Guest JoanneHattersley

I live in Brisbane, about an hour from the Gold Coast and I LOVE IT!

Keep an eye on here and for posts from Em as she organises the meet ups. There might be a Poms in Oz day out when u r here

Hi,

Welcome to PIO. I completely understand your dilemma concerning your children. I also have 3 children, 15, 12 and 8. More wworried about my 15yr old as he is supposed to start A levels in Sept. Am sure you will get loads of advice from those who have already made the move but for me I keep reminding myself why we want to leave but this site does help alot. Be warned the site can be addictive.

Nikci

Guest afiyafifi

HI AND A BIG WELCOME TO PIO , EVERYONE IS SO FRIENDLY ON HERE , AND IT IS SO ADDICTIVE THIS SITE :biglaugh:SO BE WARNED

Hiya welcome to poms in oz,quite a few folk on here have had similar problems with the kids,have a good search through the threads and im sure youll find most situations end up ok.The gold coast is lovely youve picked an ideal for area them to be,,good luck with everything

Cal x

Archived