what to do now?

Catkins

we were going to apply for the 190 visa on my husbands points score (currently at 55... he needs to re sit IELTS as he missed out by 1/2 to get the score of 8's in all sections)

now QLD have released their revised list (489visa) and hairdressers are on it which means we can now apply on mine.... I get more points as I am 10 years younger but not sure if my work experience is enough as I have been at home for the last 4 years looking after our 3 children.... I do have 5 years experience working for toni and guy after that I opened a franchise of toni and guy but threw in the towel as I found it too stressful working full time and looking after 2 children (at the time) I have been out of the salon for 5 years now but have been working on weekends for a bit of extra cash but obviously have no proof of this. what can I count as experience? and what proof do they need?

any help would be much appreciated.

oh and hubby is resitting the test on sat so he may get the points needed on his but.... he cant keep retaking it so he's said one more time!

we were going to apply for the 190 visa on my husbands points score (currently at 55... he needs to re sit IELTS as he missed out by 1/2 to get the score of 8's in all sections)

now QLD have released their revised list (489visa) and hairdressers are on it which means we can now apply on mine.... I get more points as I am 10 years younger but not sure if my work experience is enough as I have been at home for the last 4 years looking after our 3 children.... I do have 5 years experience working for toni and guy after that I opened a franchise of toni and guy but threw in the towel as I found it too stressful working full time and looking after 2 children (at the time) I have been out of the salon for 5 years now but have been working on weekends for a bit of extra cash but obviously have no proof of this. what can I count as experience? and what proof do they need?

any help would be much appreciated.

oh and hubby is resitting the test on sat so he may get the points needed on his but.... he cant keep retaking it so he's said one more time!

Your husband persevering is probably the right answer, but you might as well look into this too.

There are no work experience requirements for the visa as such, but there might be for the skills assessment, including recent work experience. So first thing to do is read up on the skills assessment and see what they require. Any work you did "off the books" you might as well disregard, immigration is only interested in legitimate work that you were paid for and you paid tax on.

If you can pass the skills assessment, then the only other reason you might want work experience is for points. So take a points test and see whether you do or not.

The other factor to consider, is that whilst hairdresser is on the sponsorship list it doesn't mean they will sponsor you, there will be competition for the sponsorship and you not working might go against you. So you could go to a lot of trouble getting a skills assessment and then not secure sponsorship anyway. You need to decide if you are prepared for that.

Archived