CASE OFFICER ALLOCATION 189 VISA APPLIED ON 2nd OCT 2013(SKILLS SELECT,60 POINTS ,ACCOUNTING)

DAVID1881

I haven't found any thread for 189 who applied in OCT 2013, so I thought to start one.

My agent submitted the application on 02nd OCT 2013 and so far no update.

Did anyone submit on Oct 2013 and got CO assigned?

:mad:

I was reading around and I found that some applications are processed within 2 months and some are processed in 5 or 6 months.

So any idea about some timelines?

There is a thread under the Migration Issues section for Oct/Nov 189 applicants. But Anyway, currently it seems CO's are being allocated at around 8 weeks, with some people (who have front loaded all their documents correctly) being given a direct grant. Good luck with it all, hopefully it'll go through on time :-)

Hi David, I see you have applied for the 189 visa. How did you find the application? Me and my partner are just looking into it now and thinking of processing the visa without a migration agent. I see you used and agent...would you recommend using one?

Thanks

The other threads are below

General 189 applications, should give a good idea of people currently waiting for a visa - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/166182-189-visa-lodged-gang.html

Oct/Nov thread - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/198612-189-oct-nov-applicants.html

@Dan1397 - We applied without an agent and had very little trouble but we had a simple application, we easily met the points without any need for proving work experience. In this situation with (alot) of research and effort it can be done on your own. If there is anything even remotely complicated or borederline about your case then it would probably be worth going through an agent, if you do just make sure they're MARA registered.

Thanks FP215- we have been offered 2 options, migration agent on hand to help which is $700 or full handling of application for $2200. We were thinking of going for the $700 so we would have some assistance. Did you apply for the police certs before you sent through your EOI?

Hi David

I applied for the 189 visa in mid-July 2013. The Case Officer was appointed after 8 weeks, and as we waited for the CO before doing medicals and getting police checks it took another couple of weeks before the visa was granted. Friends of mine applied a few weeks later and had exactly the same waiting times.

All the best

Gerry

Hi Dan

I have recently applied for and been granted the 189 visa, without an agent. My wife and I went to an agent's seminar to find out about the whole process initially and thought about using them but decided against it because we thought the costs were ridiculous for the amount of work that they would be doing. Friends of mine have used an agent, but ended up doing most of the work of completing forms and accreditations themselves. Their application was done marginally quicker because the agent got their info in advance of each stage and submitted the next forms straight away, whereas I waited for a positive reply before starting the next forms.

The hardest, and longest process for me was getting my skills as accredited (I'm an architect), which may not apply to you. The accreditation council in Australia wanted to have records of all my marks, syllabus and exam 'weighting' from each year of my studies. I qualified in 1993, and the university didn't keep records beyond 5 years so it took a while and ended up being a hassle for me to sort out. Hopefully your situation will be more straightforward.

Once I knew I could obtain enough points then filling out the EOI and formal application were time-consuming but not too difficult. Even if you have an agent completing the forms, you're still the person who has to provide all the information. If you have any queries then just call or email the case officer - mine was very helpful and he didn't charge me $700 for answering. We did all police & medicals after the CO was appointed by the way.

Sorry it's a bit long-winded, but hopefully it covers all you need.

All the best,

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the reply. We might have a go at sending in the EOI and see how we go from there without the migration agent help. We can always ask for that if we are struggling. The skills section should be pretty straight forward for us. Using the CO sounds like a good idea, we appreciate your help. Thanks

Archived