Sending small sums back to England?

nicolac34

Just wondering how people go about sending small sums back to England? We normally use OzForex and are more than happy with the service, however it's a minimum $2,000 transfer. We just want to send maybe $500 back - any recommendations?

When I have wanted to send that little back i've used western union online as there was no fee even though the exchange rate is mediocre.

Hi I've just used a service called Currency Fair and they were absolutely brilliant. They take a really small amount off, it is a peer to peer service so the cost is low and it is pretty quick. Only took 2 days to get money from NAB to NatWest, spot on. You just set up an account, send some proof of ID and you're on. I'm going to use them all the time from now on. Cheapest I've found saved me $80 on a $3400 transfer, over Moneycorp as well.

Just wondering how people go about sending small sums back to England? We normally use OzForex and are more than happy with the service, however it's a minimum $2,000 transfer. We just want to send maybe $500 back - any recommendations?

xe.com is fee free, however Paypal is instant - just need two accounts..

xe.com is fee free, however Paypal is instant - just need two accounts..

Interesting... I've already got an AUS and a UK paypal account - so I can just send money between the two? I thought the exchange rate they used was pretty bad.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll have a look into it now.

Guest The Pom Queen

Moneycorp can now do this as they have something in place in Aus and I think it's free transfers still, maybe check with John at Moneycorp

Hi, I have done transfers with Moneycorp, Ozforex and AFEX. AFEX was the best for rate, speed and general helpfulness. They also had an AUD local bank account with saved on transfer fees as Moneycorp doesn't. (Its only about $20-$30, but every little helps.)

That's interesting, moneycorp never mentioned that! Just set up an account with them and noticed the rates were slightly worse than ozforex but was willing to forgive if they let me transfer smaller funds.... Hmm.

It is fee free to send money back to the UK from Australia using Moneycorp. Moneycorp set up local banking facilities in Australia a few weeks ago. Details can be found @ http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/money-transfer-ask-moneycorp/197057-moneycorp-launches-fee-free-australian-currency-service-poms-oz.html

Archived