What can go in a movecube?

pomonwaytooz

Aerosols are a no as I understand it.

You have to list each box (a general breakdown not per item) and should ensure anything that might be checked is packed last for easy access for customs.

Check the aqis website for what is a total no go. I'd leave out aerosols for starters. Tools, well cleaned should be fine.

Aerosols are a no as I understand it.

You have to list each box (a general breakdown not per item) and should ensure anything that might be checked is packed last for easy access for customs.

Check the aqis website for what is a total no go. I'd leave out aerosols for starters. Tools, well cleaned should be fine.

I had a look at aqis but it is a mind field and I could find the relevant page, hence why I came on here to get some advice.

Interested in a move cube as I don't think we'll have enough for a container. How long do they take to arrive? The same as a container or quicker?

I have had a quote and They take around 86 days from north west UK to Perth.... I have read on here not to send battery drills as they can explode and should be sent as separate hazardous cargo but I am going to check next week with Severn seas.... If you call them they will answer any questions and are really helpful and friendly....

I have had a quote and They take around 86 days from north west UK to Perth.... I have read on here not to send battery drills as they can explode and should be sent as separate hazardous cargo but I am going to check next week with Severn seas.... If you call them they will answer any questions and are really helpful and friendly....

Thanks I will check into it then, I am also using seven seas

We had a Move Cube last year. The delivery time was 3 months, so it's the same as a container. They will no doubt be loaded in to larger containers for transit anyway, so delivery times are the same.

I packed all of the above items (aerosols, battery drills and so on) with no bother.

It worked really well for us. You can get loads in them if you plan properly. My advice, get loads of large boxes from SevenSeas and cram as much as you can in them in. Allow yourself at least 2 weeks to do this so you can properly pack the stuff in.

On the day the cube arrives you'll need to work quickly as you only have 6 hours, so get your big things in first, then your boxes, then cram all available space with smaller items. It's amazing how much you'll get in. Don't worry if it feels like the box is about to explode. SevenSeas will seal it properly before it ships.

I'd do it again. Saved us £2.5K over a container and everything arrived in one piece including loads of wine glasses, picture frames and so on.

We had a Move Cube last year. The delivery time was 3 months, so it's the same as a container. They will no doubt be loaded in to larger containers for transit anyway, so delivery times are the same.

I packed all of the above items (aerosols, battery drills and so on) with no bother.

It worked really well for us. You can get loads in them if you plan properly. My advice, get loads of large boxes from SevenSeas and cram as much as you can in them in. Allow yourself at least 2 weeks to do this so you can properly pack the stuff in.

On the day the cube arrives you'll need to work quickly as you only have 6 hours, so get your big things in first, then your boxes, then cram all available space with smaller items. It's amazing how much you'll get in. Don't worry if it feels like the box is about to explode. SevenSeas will seal it properly before it ships.

I'd do it again. Saved us £2.5K over a container and everything arrived in one piece including loads of wine glasses, picture frames and so on.

I will be sending my tools in a smaller move cube I think as we have more stuff than we thought.... But it will still work out cheaper for the two than a container....

Sounds good. Buy all your boxes and bubble wrap from SevenSeas by the way - cheap and good quality. Also, get loads more than you think (or they advise) as you can always hand unused stuff back on collection.

In my opinion Movecubes are better than containers. A lot of white goods aren't worth bringing as you can replace them with brand new ones here for less than you'd pay to ship them. It's the little things like your tools that end up costing a fortune to replace. Just as an aside, when we had ours we crammed all available space with things like toiletries. My wife likes a particular brand of shampoo for example. £15 for one here in Melbourne, but 3 for £10 in the UK in a promotion. So, £100 invested in shampoo go us 30 bottles for the price of 6 and a bit here.

Fwiw we used far more boxes than the move cube package included.

Measured out the box and order boxes to fit is what we did. Book boxes and tea chest size from a box company. So they all stacked perfectly on top and side by side. We planned our packing and put 2 chest of drawers down one side, bed down the other. They ask you not to load all the heavy stuff at the back but to speed it out for forklift lifting reasons etc.

As we had our boxes mapped out we used up just about every last inch. Numbered the boxes and included them in the plan. All the stuff liable to be checked were packed last or close to last. Apparently they have not had many cubes opened and checked but that doesn't mean they won't check.

We were up in the 30's box wise. If I can find a pic of it packed I'll post it.

• 2 weeks later...
I got a quote from their website and it was a bit over £1000 for a large one but not sure what extras may need to be paid for on top

There is a flat fee for customs Australian end. They take a deposit when you book then payment once collected etc.

If you do a search you will find posts from me about this, with photos, great service.. however our second cube (we had two) arrived with damage to some furniture which I think was caused by Australian customs when they opened it... customs openned it and where not able to fit it all back in the cube we had packed it so tightly :)

Archived