Accountancy Jobs in Melbourne (with sponsorship)

Grecia

I didn't want to post this link in the "vacancies" section as it's just something I spotted, but I thought somebody might be interested. What the ad doesn't say (which it jolly well should!) is that they are only interested in CA/ACCA qualified accountants.

http://www.michaelpage.co.uk/job-display/1195152/finance-opportunities-in-the-australian-banking-sector.html

Also, calling the phone number in the link doesn't work (don't know if I'm allowed to post the correct number on here...)

CA/ ACCA qualified? Do you mean they don't want CIMA? How odd. Odd they are recruiting from overseas as well, accountants are two a penny here.

Well, that's what the recruitment agent said when I contacted her. I fulfilled all the criteria in the ad except the Accountancy qualification... which wasn't in the ad! :confused:

I agree, it's odd. They've re-posted the ad, so they are obviously not getting the candidates they are looking for - but that is not surprising given the vagueness of the whole thing. That's why I wanted to post the correct phone number: this might be a great opportunity for someone, but I didn't want anyone to have their time wasted like I did. Am I allowed to post phone numbers on here?

The link is UK not AU

Its Michael Page LOL hardly surprising

Yes, the link is UK, because they want people who have worked for one of the Big 4 accountancy firms or an investment bank "in the UK". The consultant is actually based in Melbourne (hence the number not working).

Whoever the employer is, they must be the only one in Melbourne who doesn't want "local experience". Even Michael Page themselves told me not to bother with Melbourne and to move to Sydney instead (and I'm an Aussie citizen!):confused:

Well, that's what the recruitment agent said when I contacted her. I fulfilled all the criteria in the ad except the Accountancy qualification... which wasn't in the ad! :confused:

I agree, it's odd. They've re-posted the ad, so they are obviously not getting the candidates they are looking for - but that is not surprising given the vagueness of the whole thing. That's why I wanted to post the correct phone number: this might be a great opportunity for someone, but I didn't want anyone to have their time wasted like I did. Am I allowed to post phone numbers on here?

Or it means the job isn't real and they are just stocking up on CV's. Just observe how many of these job openings show up on Seek at the exact same time each week (even if that day is a public holiday).

Or it means the job isn't real and they are just stocking up on CV's. Just observe how many of these job openings show up on Seek at the exact same time each week (even if that day is a public holiday).

Why would they want to stock up on CVs? I have never really understood that theory.

Why would they want to stock up on CVs? I have never really understood that theory.

It makes sense from my experience. We had the situation a couple of times that we needed to hire a temp within a day or two, which pretty much means the recruiters search their candidate database for the right keywords and start sending over CV's within the hour. Not enough time to actually put out and ad.

It makes sense from my experience. We had the situation a couple of times that we needed to hire a temp within a day or two, which pretty much means the recruiters search their candidate database for the right keywords and start sending over CV's within the hour. Not enough time to actually put out and ad.

So this is a UK agency stocking up on CVS from UK candidates in case they have a sudden demand for UK candidates to fill roles in Melbourne? As I say, don't get it.

Archived