Newbie after advice

Danuta

Hi again. Looks like that the only option. Lots of food for thought from everyone. It`s really appreciated .... THANKS.x Obviously going to await APHRA and then contact Hospital and then take it from there. However will also look into doing the IELTS and skills assessment in meantime to increase my options. I will have a little rant though... born and bred in England . Been through the British education system . Have O`levels , A`Levels and a Diploma in nursing and still have to prove my English abilities and pay to do so!! Thanks again ALL

Hi again. Looks like that the only option. Lots of food for thought from everyone. It`s really appreciated .... THANKS.x Obviously going to await APHRA and then contact Hospital and then take it from there. However will also look into doing the IELTS and skills assessment in meantime to increase my options. I will have a little rant though... born and bred in England . Been through the British education system . Have O`levels , A`Levels and a Diploma in nursing and still have to prove my English abilities and pay to do so!! Thanks again ALL

Don't worry, we've all been there with the IELTS!

Hubby's been a teacher for 20 years, has O levels, A levels, Degree, Masters, PGCE, and still had to do the IELTS!

:biggrin:

Hi again,

That made me smile! I have had the rant so many times!! It's total madness we have to do ielts isn't it? and the look of shock on peoples faces when I tell them about it! Bet you'll have that rant a few more times before you're done! And FYI, really prepare for the ielts, don't assume you'll get the level you want. It's not difficult, but there is a method to it!

Good luck!

I know it is slightly different in your situation doing it for skills assessment. But when it comes to doing it for the skilled migrant visa, it is handing UK applicants 20 points on a plate, people from other countries need a PHD to get 20 points and we can get it for a simple literacy test.

By the way, I know you are waiting for APRA but if you are still wanting to migrate and have a shot at that PR visa, please don't delay the IELTS or skills assessment. You just don't have time.

Archived