Do I need my previous marriage certificate?

Tilsbury

Sorry if this has been asked before but we submitted our EOI yesterday and are now collating our paperwork in hope of a favourable response.

I have been married before, when I was young and stupid, and I have my decree absolute, but not my marriage certificate. I have a feeling that I had to hand it in to the courts when I got divorced, the sensible thing to do would have been to make a copy, but I don't think my head was in the right place at the time.

Can anyone confirm if I need this, or will the decree absolute do on its own? The wedding took place in St Lucia so I don't like my chances of getting another one!

Hi Tilsbury,

I did our application through an agent, and we were asked every single bit of paper you could think of, including previous marriage certificate and Decree Absolute. It may have been just a case of crossing t's and dotting i's but it may be worth pre-empting any questions by getting it. I have just had a quick check and this link will take you to details of how to get it (it seems simple, and is probably quite well used!). http://archive.stlucia.gov.lc/faq/acquiring_marriage_certificates.htm

cheers, Chris

When I applied for a spouse visa I had to send in my previous marriage certificate and decree absolute, and it seemed like every other certificate I have apart from my 25 yards swimming certificate....

What! You didn't have to send that one in! It took me ages to find mine.

Thank you Tayloal and Bensgirl, I have just been having a mild panic attack trying to research getting a US$10 postal order to send to St Lucia! Looks like you can't actually do it unless you're in the states as the UK won't issue one in foreign currencies! Such a relief to know you guys have had no problems with just the absolute.