Job offer while overseas

JoannaAch

Hello everybody,

Last Friday I got an email from an employer that she would like to offer me a job I interviewed for a few weeks ago:) I am really excited! I have a PR visa and I am wondering what is the process of accepting an offer if one is overseas. The employer told me that as soon as I inform her when I can start, she will send me a formal offer - I have never heard about such a document (except for google) and so I was hoping that someone will share their experience with me.

Is that document usually sent by post? How long it takes for them to prepare it (on average - more than a week or few days)? Should I expect HR department to ask me some questions regarding my visa or any other formalities before I arrive? I am really nervous and would like to get all the paperwork ready so that I can fully concentrate on my current work (finishing my PhD)...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jo

They can email the job offer and you can sign and return it the same way...you will probably have to scan them your visa grant letter too..I got a pack emailed to me to print off and complete..with checklist for I.D and job specific things..took about a week to get offer..depends on job and company I guess

They can email the job offer and you can sign and return it the same way...you will probably have to scan them your visa grant letter too..I got a pack emailed to me to print off and complete..with checklist for I.D and job specific things..took about a week to get offer..depends on job and company I guess

Thanks! I was hoping it can be done by email. So I don't sign a contract before I arrive, just the offer letter?

I would imagine ( and advise) that you sign the contract before you arrive. It is all done by email these days. Sign,scan and email back.

That's great, I hope I will also be able to sign my contract soon. I just hope the whole thing won't take too long. The recruitment process was painfully slow and I need some peace of mind after few months of job applications and interviews.

Archived