Gutted!!!

cjenky

Its on the criteria page under offlist criteria. I know they are currently reviewing the criteria for 2014 so this may change but at the minute unfortunately you need an offer of employment for 12 months. All the best though I hope this new list hasn't scuppered your plans too.

Yes, it looks that way, doesn't it?

I think WA have worded things in a way that is quite confusing - I'm not the only one asking these questions on the forum!

Yes, it looks that way, doesn't it?

I think WA have worded things in a way that is quite confusing - I'm not the only one asking these questions on the forum!

I know what you mean....sometimes it feels like they are trying to trip you up. Everywhere you look you get conflicting information and the worst bit is each state is different, so once you get your head around one states criteria another state will throw in a curve ball. I've just had a quick look on the other states lists and Primary school teacher is on the list for Victoria and NT. I would have liked to go to Victoria but unfortunately I didn't have the option. My advice to you would be to apply to Vic or NT asap before any further changes are made. Good luck

I am also gutted, I have prepared all my documentation for skill assessment for Program or Project Administrator, and after seeing new occupation list and that this occupation is off I could not believe.

On the DIBP web site ceiling value for this occupation is 7740 and only 70 got invitation for now, I do not know why and how suddenly they do not need this occupation.

I wrote to WA and asked them about this, could be mistake, but it is impossible for them to make such a mistake.

I do not know what to do know...should I apply for this occupation or looking for something other solution, but I am afraid that this was the only one. So sad...

I know what you mean....sometimes it feels like they are trying to trip you up. Everywhere you look you get conflicting information and the worst bit is each state is different, so once you get your head around one states criteria another state will throw in a curve ball. I've just had a quick look on the other states lists and Primary school teacher is on the list for Victoria and NT. I would have liked to go to Victoria but unfortunately I didn't have the option. My advice to you would be to apply to Vic or NT asap before any further changes are made. Good luck

Unfortunately, Victoria only want Primary School Teachers who have experience teaching languages (Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Greek, Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, Vietnamese) which we don't, so that one's out too.

Not sure our daughters could cope with the humidity in Darwin (NT)..........

Hope things work out somehow for you. :)

I am in the same boat, it is however still on the list for Northern Territories, doesn't seem to be much work that way though, still an option.... If it helps I am in touch with an agent in Victoria who deals in sponsorship for Restaurant Managers, she is very good and charges less than you would pay for a 190 visa in most cases, feel free to PM me if you need the details.

Gutted :o(

feeling ur pain guys ..... my sons g/f just got her positive skills assessment this morning for restaurant manager ...only to find its been taken of today .... im heartbroken ....don't know where to go from here !!!

mrs keily

Sorry, forgot to quote the post I was referring to.....^^

Archived