Migration Procedure Begins

Drewskim

Hi all, firstly an introduction. I'm 30 years old and a civil engineer, my partner (of 6 years) is a dentist and is also 30. We have spoken about emigrating to oz for a number of years, but something has always prevented us from going. I recently got chartered 6 months ago so we have now decided to stop talking and start doing.

We fancy Brisbane or Melbourne to call our home but we are fully aware there may be a long and arduous process to get there.

The options we are looking at at the minute are 189, 190 and 457 visas and have now collated most of the documentation that we can at this stage and are currently looking for notary to certify them.

Next stage is the eoi.

Hi and welcome!

We found that notaries were very expensive to certify and aren't needed. Usually a normal solicitor will be able to do it, for the actual application colour copies were acceptable but for the skills assessment with ICAA we needed to get some certified. Magistrates will also usually do it for free if you have time to go down to see them (assuming you're UK based).

I'd definitely suggest the 189/190 route if you can, a quick search on here will give you a list of some of the issues with temporary visas.

Have you completed the skills assessment? As you'll need a valid one before you can lodge an eoi.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We both need to have our qualifications vetted to work in our chosen careers and to get the 5 points, we will only be doing one final application we have enough for a defacto proof

That's good, when u said she will start her EOI, I thought you will do two different applications, so wanted to give a heads up about the 5 points for partner skills.

Best of Luck :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so the missus recieved her skill assessment at end of jan and mine came through a couple of weeks later (12th feb). So my skill assessment (Washington accord) took closer to 9 weeks (4-6 stated on the website). Still it's good to have it. I have now submitted my eoi for a 189 visa and have 65 points. There is a visa run on 24th fen (950 visas) so fingers crossed I am asked but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with the same points just waiting for the nod.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived