One Week In for the Hooligans

Candygirl

Thought I was update on the Hooligans and hopefully put some people's minds at rest about the journey and quarantine.

We were worried sick about the flight and how the girls would react to being in prison and not having their home comforts.

We are pleasantly surprised how well they have coped with it. We used PetAir's Gold Service and cannot fault them one bit. Catherine was our travel consultant and no stone was left untouched and we were kept informed every step of the way and Catherine worked with our vet to get the girls ready for shipment. We flew out a week before the girls so they were left behind with the Wrinklies. Candy must have known something was up as she had a couple of accidents, which is not like her at all. They flew with Singapore Airlines and had a 9 hour stopover in Singapore. When they were checked in at Heathrow, I received a text from PetAir to say they were OK. The next update we had was from the Q Station in S'Pore with pictures. Once they had arrived in Perth, I contacted the Q Station, but I am sure I would have had received an update, I was just impatient for news. They confirmed that the girls had landed safely and would call me once they had arrived at the Q Station, which they did and updated me on their condition. They were both fine and apparently had a play fight when they were released into the kennel so I knew all was well.

We were able to see them the following day, but as they were on vet hold, we could not take them out into the exercise paddock. Purd was very quiet and went to sleep in her bed at one stage. Cand was just so pleased to see us and wanted kisses and cuddles. I could not stop crying when I saw them as I was so relieved that they were OK. We went back again the next day and they were back to normal. We were allowed to give them treats and we had also bought them new beds, but they really didn't need them. The beds and blankets supplied by the Q Station was more than adequate. They are on metal beds raised off of the ground with a sheepskin rug with blankets on top. The kennels are spotlessly clean and they have 3 water bowls (inside and out). The ladies who look after them are incredibly understanding and just lovely. A dog next to ours was very quiet and the ladies were going in to him to just sit and give him cuddles and attention. The girls have been in the exercise paddock once so far and have loved it. They are booked in again for Friday and all next week. Purd sometimes gives me the evil eye and seems to be more for my OH at the moment, but I am OK with that, she probably blames me for putting her through this, but Cand is normal and was so relaxed after her run around, she went to sleep in my lap afterwards. We are happy to sit in the kennel with them, but some people are taking fold up chairs, which are a good idea if you have them.

So many people said to me previously that the dogs would cope better than me. Having gone through it, I now believe them. I wouldn't want to go through this again, but I would in a heartbeat if I had to. We both cannot wait for the day that they are released and we have found a beautiful dog beach for them already.

Lorraine x

Thanks Guys.

The girls have been doing really well until today. We visited them and the kennels gave all owners a briefing that there were suspected cases of kennel cough. We were OK. It was not detected on the left wing. Today at 3pm we received the dreaded call to say that Cand had kc symptoms so both girls had been moved to isolation for further observation. Poor babes, they will so stir crazy not being able to go out. I also feel for the kennel ladies there, it must cause them so much extra work. I am not happy as they have never been ill, they come to Oz and get kennel cough.

Guest Guest26012

Aww! Remember the time we picked Robbie, our dog up from quarantine! We bought Kentucky and took him to the dog beach! He loved the beach from that day till he passed away. It's a lovely time!

Archived