phone unlocking in melbourne

tonycrfc1

I have an iPhone 5 which i neverr got unlocked before i left UK

its locked to TMobile but needing it unlocked so ii can put vodafone simcard in it.

I have contacted tmobile but its taking 20days for them to get back to me.

i tried a few places in china town etc but they sayss they cant do it..

was wondering in anyone on here had same problem and managed to get it sorted quickly

Hi Tony. Unfortunately, I was in the same situation as you (with Orange). I tried all sorts of avenues and stores - legit and possibly, not so legit - but there were no solution. Only the original carrier can do it. After fighting with orange over the issue for about 4 months via all sorts of medium (phone, twitter, email, Facebook, etc.), I finally gave up and bought a new phone. The old iPhone is now a game console!! Good luck with T mobile. Hopefully, they are better than Orange with their customer services.

Hi Tony. Unfortunately, I was in the same situation as you (with Orange). I tried all sorts of avenues and stores - legit and possibly, not so legit - but there were no solution. Only the original carrier can do it. After fighting with orange over the issue for about 4 months via all sorts of medium (phone, twitter, email, Facebook, etc.), I finally gave up and bought a new phone. The old iPhone is now a game console!! Good luck with T mobile. Hopefully, they are better than Orange with their customer services.

Honestly Donna thats brutal!!

was it iPhone 5?? ive logged to get it unlocked from tmobile there going to contact me with 20 days! if all else fails ill send it home and get it done there and get it sent back to me!! i need my iPhone haha

Honestly Donna thats brutal!!

was it iPhone 5?? ive logged to get it unlocked from tmobile there going to contact me with 20 days! if all else fails ill send it home and get it done there and get it sent back to me!! i need my iPhone haha

The new one is. The old one was an iphone 4. You have only heard half the story. They charged me the cost of unlocking the phone twice as well and won't give me a refund even though they have not done the job. So, I had to pay that in the end as well. I will never use orange again!!!

Seriously, good luck with T mobile. I hope it works out for you cos I can't live without my iphone either :)

The new one is. The old one was an iphone 4. You have only heard half the story. They charged me the cost of unlocking the phone twice as well and won't give me a refund even though they have not done the job. So, I had to pay that in the end as well. I will never use orange again!!!

Seriously, good luck with T mobile. I hope it works out for you cos I can't live without my iphone either :)

how much did you pay for iphone 5??

Hi Tony, hope I'm not too late in responding. I contacted Apple directly online with the same problem. I bought my Iphone 4 in the UK and it was locked to Vodafone. Some guy in the local market wanted $200 to unlock it and two weeks to do it!! So I took a chance that Apple could help and they were brilliant. Online it states that they will make a £25 charge for tech support but they didn't charge me anything. I just had to provide proof that the phone was mine, ie where I bought it and a code from the phone and they sorted it out there an then. Hope this helps.

Hi Tony, hope I'm not too late in responding. I contacted Apple directly online with the same problem. I bought my Iphone 4 in the UK and it was locked to Vodafone. Some guy in the local market wanted $200 to unlock it and two weeks to do it!! So I took a chance that Apple could help and they were brilliant. Online it states that they will make a £25 charge for tech support but they didn't charge me anything. I just had to provide proof that the phone was mine, ie where I bought it and a code from the phone and they sorted it out there an then. Hope this helps.

What number did you call Tess?

Hi Donna, I didn't phone, I went online to Apple UK. Select Iphone, Support, service requests and choose unlock phone. You send them a message with your problem and I think they ask for the serial number of the phone as well.

Hi tess! That's good.. Do u have the link or number where u contacted apple to do it??

Hi Donna, I didn't phone, I went online to Apple UK. Select Iphone, Support, service requests and choose unlock phone. You send them a message with your problem and I think they ask for the serial number of the phone as well.

Darn, wished I knew. I did not try online for apple. I went into the stores, both in UK and Australia and they couldn't help. They did not suggested it as well. Oh well, live and learn. Good to know for next time :)

Hi Tony

Try this link and select which option you prefer, online chat (which I did) or a call back once you've provided your serial number.

https://getsupport.apple.com/ServiceOptionAction.action, sorry I haven't figured out how to link it to the page, just copy and paste into your browser.

i thought that was just for when your phone was locked because you can't remember it's code rather than being locked to a network! It does highlight what we repeatedly say on here - get phones unlocked before you leave!

i thought that was just for when your phone was locked because you can't remember it's code rather than being locked to a network! It does highlight what we repeatedly say on here - get phones unlocked before you leave!

I spoke to apple they says they can't unlock phones and it's up to the provider

Hi Tony

I'm sorry to hear that. My phone was bought from an Apple store with Vodafone as the provider and Apple sorted it out for me when it was locked. Are your provider able to help at all?

My provider is tmobile in UK I've emailed them they says it takes 20 days!! I want it done before then though!!

not getting anywhere feel like sending it home to get it unlocked and get it sent back

Hi Tony

I'm sorry to hear that. My phone was bought from an Apple store with Vodafone as the provider and Apple sorted it out for me when it was locked. Are your provider able to help at all?

That's the difference - when you buy from an Apple store, you buy an unlocked phone, you can put any sim you like in it but when you buy on a contract then you are locked to a network.

perhaps you could buy a disposable one to see you through the next 20 days Tony (or is this a fantastic excuse to potter off to Apple and get yourself a new 5S?)

I found a place in Chinatown that will unlock it for $280 even at that I don't trust the guy as everyone else saying they can't go it or to go back to provider!! I'm waiting on tmobile to get back to me then I will see what happens! If I get get it sorted then i might just need to pay it

Archived