St Kilda or Fitzroy

dodgydarji

Hi All,

My partner and I are both thinking of moving to one of the two areas in the subject. We are both working young professionals and both places appeal to us for different reasons. One having the beach and the other being so central will suit us a little better for our commutes to our jobs. Both look like our ideal place with a good mix of restaurants and bars. We both are coming from London. I was hoping to hear from some people who live in either place that could tell me a little more about the pros and cons of both. Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Both are very central. I would live in either in your situation. If you like the beach then St Kilda - it's not Melbourne's best beach but it's better than nothing and it's right there in St Kilda!

If you are working in the CBD it's a lovely walk from St Kilda through Albert Park - or take the tram.

BB

My daughter lives off Lygon Street in Brunswick and its very nice where she lives. They eat out all the time and usually around the area. Her partner lived in in Fitzroy before they moved in together and she in Brunswick and it was only 20 minutes away so its a good area all around there for people who like eating out etc.

Thanks for your help all. I was having think last night that I should perhaps wait to see where we both gets jobs and move to a place close to work. I really do like the thought of living near a beach, but I have never done it before and am basing this feeling on what kind of holidays I like.

Currently I don't think I would judge st kilda's beach to harshly coming from London :)

Currently I don't think I would judge st kilda's beach to harshly coming from London :)

I also came from London.

I've found Melbourne to have all the best bits of London, plus all the bits that London should have to be perfect. Such as good weather, and great beaches, and vineyards, and skiing a couple of hours drive away.

Can't fault it!

BB

• 3 weeks later...

Archived