Moving 2 Dogs back to the UK

DBC

Could anyone please give me an idea as to how much we would roughly be looking at to send our 2 labs back to the UK? As I understand it they don't need to go into quarantine at the other end? It would be from Melbourne to London. We will be flying to Manchester - can we get the dogs sent there or do we need to collect them from Heathrow?

Obviously we will look into getting proper quotes but the decision to go back is very last minute and quick so I have a million things to look into and if I was to have a rough estimate of cost in mind I can allocate finanaces accordingly.

Thanks for your help.

• 4 months later...
Could anyone please give me an idea as to how much we would roughly be looking at to send our 2 labs back to the UK? As I understand it they don't need to go into quarantine at the other end? It would be from Melbourne to London. We will be flying to Manchester - can we get the dogs sent there or do we need to collect them from Heathrow?

Obviously we will look into getting proper quotes but the decision to go back is very last minute and quick so I have a million things to look into and if I was to have a rough estimate of cost in mind I can allocate finanaces accordingly.

Thanks for your help.

We took our two Dogs from Brisbane to Heathrow last October it cost $3300 Aussie Dollars All up on Thia Airways includeing vet fees.,The vet we had came to our house gave the dogs their Rabies jab,and a C5 jab a month before they left.The day before they were due to fly out,on the same flight as me,the vet came back to our house and picked them up,took them to her house gave them a final health check and flea wash.And took them to get the flight from Brisbane.My wife had gone a week before me so she picked the dogs up and then picked me at Heathrow.We didn't have to do a thing.

Stay away from the big pet transporters like Pets Air,dogtainers ect they were nearly double the cost.There is no Quarrantine in the UK. Your costs would be greater as my dogs are fox terriers,being alot smaller than labs,We Were going to Newcastle.But found it alot cheaper to stay at my wifes sisters for the night in Aylesbury.To transport the dogs to Newcastle was about £700.Sending dogs from the UK to Aussie is a total rip off,You can't compare prices.With Auatralia.

• 1 month later...
We took our two Dogs from Brisbane to Heathrow last October it cost $3300 Aussie Dollars All up on Thia Airways includeing vet fees.,The vet we had came to our house gave the dogs their Rabies jab,and a C5 jab a month before they left.The day before they were due to fly out,on the same flight as me,the vet came back to our house and picked them up,took them to her house gave them a final health check and flea wash.And took them to get the flight from Brisbane.My wife had gone a week before me so she picked the dogs up and then picked me at Heathrow.We didn't have to do a thing.

Stay away from the big pet transporters like Pets Air,dogtainers ect they were nearly double the cost.There is no Quarrantine in the UK. Your costs would be greater as my dogs are fox terriers,being alot smaller than labs,We Were going to Newcastle.But found it alot cheaper to stay at my wifes sisters for the night in Aylesbury.To transport the dogs to Newcastle was about £700.Sending dogs from the UK to Aussie is a total rip off,You can't compare prices.With Auatralia.

who did you use if you don't mind me asking? i'm looking at moving back with our mini foxie- she is a small dog and would be going adelaide to london. you said thai airways? do you mean you just organise it yourself?

Where are you located. I am taking 1 dog and 1 cat back to the UK. As I am unsure when I need to return to the UK so I decided to start the process straight away so that we are ready to go.

Make sure they have their had the vaccinations, C5 will be required.

Get the vet to give them a rabies injections, pets must have received a rabies vaccination at least 21 days prior to departure. Oh and the vet advised that blood testing is no longer required :)

The cheapest quote so far to fly them from Brisbane to London is $2845. A minimum of 10 days notice is required to get them all booked in. This is with a local company

Most expensive is $3,950 with Dogtainers

Hope this helps.

Archived