Australia's Bikie Gangs

Guest The Pom Queen

And? So are many in pub security and fitness centres . Show's their working for a living.

how many fitness centres do you know where gangs do drive by shootings? Killings??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10379154/Australia-creates-bikies-only-prison-to-deal-with-warring-motorbike-gangs.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24516187

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/coogee-tattoo-parlour-run-by-bike-gang-petrol-bombed-20101229-199h3.html

I googled bikie gangs owning fitness centres...afraid nothing came up ...no shootings/ no drive by killings, no torture, etc etc.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how many fitness centres do you know where gangs do drive by shootings? Killings??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10379154/Australia-creates-bikies-only-prison-to-deal-with-warring-motorbike-gangs.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24516187

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/coogee-tattoo-parlour-run-by-bike-gang-petrol-bombed-20101229-199h3.html

I googled bikie gangs owning fitness centres...afraid nothing came up ...no shootings/ no drive by killings, no torture, etc etc.

Shame google doesn't come up with the goods all the time. I know a bakery here in Perth shot at a few years back, A Lebanese eating house and a pub.(all drive by shootings ) None by bikies. I do know of one fitness centre near the centre with bikie connections, Your right no drive by killings yet, but supposedly some criminal activity has been connected the place.

Shame google doesn't come up with the goods all the time. I know a bakery here in Perth shot at a few years back, A Lebanese eating house and a pub.(all drive by shootings ) None by bikies. I do know of one fitness centre near the centre with bikie connections, Your right no drive by killings yet, but supposedly some criminal activity has been connected the place.

In a country that dehumanises asylum seekers by looking them up in detention centres indefinitely anything is possible I suppose.

The point of the thread is the danger of gangs on bikes, my point was a significant amount of information is widely available for all to see that it is a problem.

The point of the thread is the danger of gangs on bikes, my point was a significant amount of information is widely available for all to see that it is a problem.

You've quoted links with ramblings from a Conservative Qld government which not too many decades would have jailed all sorts of folk under some of the harshest laws in the western world. Those that commit crimes should pay the price if proven. I don't accept the mouth piece of a QLD govt, not entirely popular with its electorate as being the most creditable source of non biased information.

You've quoted links with ramblings from a Conservative Qld government which not too many decades would have jailed all sorts of folk under some of the harshest laws in the western world. Those that commit crimes should pay the price if proven. I don't accept the mouth piece of a QLD govt, not entirely popular with its electorate as being the most creditable source of non biased information.

feel free to read the newspapers, listen to the news or google the many pages on bikie gangs in oz! Those were a few links I found on the first page. I fail to see where you are going with this, no info to back up your argument.

I realise you like a good debate but you need to pick a different topic.

Perhaps you aren't aware in the west but police on the eastern seaboard are deeply concerned at the moment that another bikie war is about to erupt. The last time this happened a 14 year old girl was shot and killed because she got caught in the crossfire of a carpark gun battle. It may have been almost 30 years ago but nobody has forgotten or wants to see it happen again.

dont forget Sydney airport a few years ago big sis. It was basically one of their own killed but could have worse.

All I can say to end my comments on this particular subject is that most bikies/bikers have a code and are not usually a menace to the public. Of course they can get into drunken brawls as can many Aussies, punch ups are far from uncommon here so why wouldn't folk like bikies be apart of that culture.

I would like to meet an ordinary member of the public who has ever been assaulted or worse by bikies. It is true they have issues between their patched groups, which can be very violent and innocent folk could be accidently impacted.

As stated when the law is broken nail them. I think at times the police's time would be better used going after the real criminals than following bikies on one of their intra state runs. More for public image than anything else on the police part of course.

Real criminals huh, bet you peddle that line when you get pulled over for speeding as well.

Something definitely needs to be done before it blows up big time, if nothing is done then it almost certainly will. Gone are the days when they partook in a few little minor illegal activities to fund a comfortable clubhouse. They are businesses now and operate as such, just not very often the law abiding business that they portray themselves to be.

I knew a few back home and yes they were all nice blokes, but they got up to no good and would only be interested in their club and the 'activities' their clubs would carry out.

when clubs/gangs think they 'run' and 'control' areas then they need to be bought back into line.

If you want to watch an Aussie made one you could do worse than getting a copy of "Stone " out of your local dvd shop....classic bikie film.....

Now "Stone" is a movie!

And if you think about it probably a lot more accurate than the "sons of anarchy".

How I would love one of those zed's!

I wonder without the media and people watching SOA and getting confused with fiction and reality would we really have a problem with bikies?

Or would they just have a fight every now and then?

I think people should reread what the Flag of Convenience has written because it is closer to the truth than what some of the people who are terrified of bikies escalating their way of life perceive.

It's just a different way of life, many people choose a similar path but do not put on colours.

There are many people who fight every Saturday in the pub and are not bikies just people who like fighting. Do they make the news?

Why do you think that a bikie joins a club?

Why go through all the hassle of being a hang around and then being a prospect, it takes years to get into a club. You don't just fill in an application and buy a back patch. It takes dedication and in return you receive loyalty and camaraderie from your club brothers.

You join for life, it's not this years hobby it is a way of life and it is your choice to live it that way.

You don't join just to become a criminal, it is much easier to be a criminal with out being a bikie and people would be more successful as their profile would be lower.

It is their way of life and they shouldn't be persecuted for it.

All comes down, IMO to whether you want to live in the very rapidly approaching 'beige' life debt slave country of Australia.

Holden Captiva on finance over 5 years at 6%

House in Newport for $700,000 over 30 years at 5%

Private school for the offspring at $50,000 a year

Holiday to the gold coast / Bali once a year

Saturday morning hair do for the Mrs and a licra clad trundle down beach rode for him

New pair of Asics trainers once every six months.

Weekend away at a winery (cos that's what everyone

GIVE ME A F*KEN BREAK.. This country is very very quickly turning into a country of beige people, doing beige cloned activities in debt to they're eye balls to pay back a lifestyle that doesn't exist anymore. No wonder some people want to live a different life - good on em I say.

Real criminals huh, bet you peddle that line when you get pulled over for speeding as well.

Get even more hotter under the collar when yelled at by a copper, wet behind the gills, when cycling off the road, wearing a cycle helmet with the buckle not attached. But I get the general drift nothing wrong with a police state. I mean would the police ever tell a porky? Banish the thought.

feel free to read the newspapers, listen to the news or google the many pages on bikie gangs in oz! Those were a few links I found on the first page. I fail to see where you are going with this, no info to back up your argument.

Feel free to look beyond the right wing press and at the potential consequences when the right of association in a free society can be outlawed with the stroke of a broad brush.

All comes down, IMO to whether you want to live in the very rapidly approaching 'beige' life debt slave country of Australia.

Holden Captiva on finance over 5 years at 6%

House in Newport for $700,000 over 30 years at 5%

Private school for the offspring at $50,000 a year

Holiday to the gold coast / Bali once a year

Saturday morning hair do for the Mrs and a licra clad trundle down beach rode for him

New pair of Asics trainers once every six months.

Weekend away at a winery (cos that's what everyone

GIVE ME A F*KEN BREAK.. This country is very very quickly turning into a country of beige people, doing beige cloned activities in debt to they're eye balls to pay back a lifestyle that doesn't exist anymore. No wonder some people want to live a different life - good on em I say.

A cloned nation believing every biased journal report they are fed, an inability to critique, being fleeced left right and centre but no idea how to unshackle themselves.. Yep state of the nation today. Whatever you do, don't dare be different. Conformity is us. If the government takes away rights to those that challenge that state of conformity and remove those rights. We understand it's for all our benefit......beige people an apt description of the state of things, sadly.

Guest Guest16631

.......I do feel the point is ..........controlling the activities that are against the law......

.......as in any controversial group..........there will be good and bad......

.......and it's those who flout the law who get the attention.......

........a lot of bikie's do a charity run.....and most of them are genuine.....

........but there will always be those .......who have a different agenda......

........and it doesn't take many.............in the huge following.......

.........to ruin the image...................

.........nothing wrong with beige.......IMO.....

.........and nothing wrong with being different.....

.......but when the actions/behaviour impinges on others......

.......with a detrimental effect......

.........this is when........something needs to be done..........IMO........tink x

.......I do feel the point is ..........controlling the activities that are against the law......

.......as in any controversial group..........there will be good and bad......

.......and it's those who flout the law who get the attention.......

........a lot of bikie's do a charity run.....and most of them are genuine.....

........but there will always be those .......who have a different agenda......

........and it doesn't take many.............in the huge following.......

.........to ruin the image...................

.........nothing wrong with beige.......IMO.....

.........and nothing wrong with being different.....

.......but when the actions/behaviour impinges on others......

.......with a detrimental effect......

.........this is when........something needs to be done..........IMO........tink x

Only issue I have with the beige is when their take on life supresses all other possibilities with regards to existence. The almost moral crusade towards conformity at the cost of individuality is a sad indictment on a nation's sense of self, IMO...

Guest Guest16631
Only issue I have with the beige is when their take on life supresses all other possibilities with regards to existence. The almost moral crusade towards conformity at the cost of individuality is a sad indictment on a nation's sense of self, IMO...

.........I fail to see a .....nation.....of beige.....

.........to me the attraction of Australia was its diversity ......

..........perhaps it's the company we seek out.......

.........and I have found such a variety of of multicoloured individuals and community's...

...........most living in harmony with others of a more staid existence,........

...........it's as ever the few of any community group who spoil things....IMO....

...........but ...ime......I find a diverse and or alternative to beige ......

...........is not only tolerated......but encouraged here.............tink x

.........I fail to see a .....nation.....of beige.....

.........to me the attraction of Australia was its diversity ......

..........perhaps it's the company we seek out.......

.........and I have found such a variety of of multicoloured individuals and community's...

...........most living in harmony with others of a more staid existence,........

...........it's as ever the few of any community group who spoil things....IMO....

...........but ...ime......I find a diverse and or alternative to beige ......

...........is not only tolerated......but encouraged here.............tink x

If you judge diversity by the changing landscape of folk from different shores, I'd agree with you. Although the London I lived in was far more diverse but no matter. How tolerant is Australia of that diversity? Very easy when the majority are middle class, with aspirations towards wealth, if not already very wealthy and fit into the so valued norms of society and don't stand out in any form besides their racial difference. Plus part of some "other" agenda. Most folk can get their head around that.

Rather different with stray from the norms and demonised by government, again for their own agenda, say asylum seekers. Wasn't that long ago when no visible immigrants suited the then government agenda. I wonder if you view Australia as a true multi cultural nation on the grounds of having folk of other races within our presence?

Anyhow the desire for conformity and not rocking the boat is a rather long Australian trait. Hence the word wowser,(ism) a term sadly out of use today, but explained the ultra conservative, often double standard take on being the moral guardians of the nation. Left Australia in a time lag back in the days when the western world was exploding in creativity, change and experimentation. Result being of course hordes of the more outward thinking young Aussies relocated to more progressives climes, the UK for example.

Whether Australia values true democratic values and of more concern the people that live here remains to be seen. The apathy is shrilling at times.

Archived