189 and 190 visa invitations possible?

deserpi1

Hello everyone. I'm new to this visa lark. You all seem a pretty clued up bunch; so I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I've submitted my EOI andI put in for the 189 visa and 190 visa (for WA) thinking I may have a job offer in Perth. I have received an invitation to apply from WA for state nomination. I've since found out the job offer isn't going to happen so I'd now prefer a 189 visa to widen my options.

My questions are:

Can I get an invitation to apply for a 189 visa if I have an invite to apply for a 190 visa?

Can I have two simultaneous invites or just one?

What happens if I turn down the invite from WA and remove the 190 visa selection from my EOI?

I've tried looking on the skill select website but there's nothing as far as I can see. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone. I'm new to this visa lark. You all seem a pretty clued up bunch; so I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I've submitted my EOI andI put in for the 189 visa and 190 visa (for WA) thinking I may have a job offer in Perth. I have received an invitation to apply from WA for state nomination. I've since found out the job offer isn't going to happen so I'd now prefer a 189 visa to widen my options.

My questions are:

Can I get an invitation to apply for a 189 visa if I have an invite to apply for a 190 visa?

Can I have two simultaneous invites or just one?

What happens if I turn down the invite from WA and remove the 190 visa selection from my EOI?

I've tried looking on the skill select website but there's nothing as far as I can see. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there,

I had a similar dilemma, I submitted EOI for both 189 and 190 but preferred 190 to be honest. I received an invitation for 189 the next day but not for 190, I waited for a few days in a hope to get an invitation for (190 in vain) as it was my first preference.I asked for an advice on this forum and the advice I got was to apply for 189 visa or withdraw the EOI and submit a new one for 190 only.It takes 60 days for an invitation to expire and people thought that it is unlikely to get an invitation for both at the same time. Taking the good advice I applied for 189 visa to save time.

I hope that this info was helpful.:skeptical:

Good luck!

Archived