During the offshore application, can I go to AU on visitor Visa?

vomi

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! But in the immigration booklet it said " If you lodge your partner visa application while you are outside Australia, you must be outside AUS when the temporary Partner visa is granted."

What does this mean?

Thank you! But in the immigration booklet it said " If you lodge your partner visa application while you are outside Australia, you must be outside AUS when the temporary Partner visa is granted."

What does this mean?

If you intend to head to Aus on a tourist visa and remain there till your visa is granted you need to inform your CO and ensure they can contact you when it's ready to happen. This is because you must go offshore (leave Aus) for 3 working days to enable your other visa to be activated. When you then re enter Aus you will do so on your newly granted visa.

Your CO will give you some notice if its grant to enable you to make arrangements to fly offshore (usually NZ or an Asian country nearby are popular).

Hi

We had a similar situation We applied for our sons child visa offshore. The visa wasn't granted before we left the Uk for Australia. So we got him a 6 month visitor visa. Our case office then emailed us to say the child visa for our son was about to be granted so we had to leave Australia for 3 working days. Once we booked flights, we informed our case officer and had to re-confirm the flight 24 hours before leaving Australia. My son and I flew to Auckland from Tuesday to Friday. Whilst we were there we received an email to say the visa had been granted - now our son is a Aussie resident! A bit of a faff and expense but all sorted now. Good luck!

Thank you so much for sharing, very useful for my case. Before I was afraid I cannot enter AUS during the application process, now it is a big relief!

You should still apply for your tourist visa before buying a flight to Aus to ensure you get the visa granted. And inform your CO well in advance of your intentions also.

Also if you just plan to go on holiday for a few weeks, same will apply. Let COZ know etc.

Archived