State Nomination occupation list query (190)

mpatel1972

Hi all,

I've been reading various immigration to australia forums and websites, and seem to have confused myself.

There are 2 occupation lists, SOL and CSOL. In order to get the state nomination (190), which list should my occupation be on CSOL or SOL? The below statement is taken from SOL description from the immi.gov.au website which has raised my confusion. The SOL list is for skilled independant (189).

The current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) applies to Independent (not nominated by State or Territory Governments) Points based skilled migration and Family Sponsored applications.

Would appreciate some clarification on this.

Thanks in advance

I've got WA sponsorship but this is because my job is on WA list. If your job isn't you don't need state sponsorship you can go for a visa without having to do the state sponsorship? Or do you need the sponsorship for more points ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I've sat the test couple of times and not getting the 8 in Reading, other subjects 8 to 9.

There are other states that can sponsor me but means having to live there for 2 years. WA is the preferred choice as family is there. Might have to consider another state.

Archived