dependent

simonwilliams

hi got a consultation tomorrow and i am a bit worried about whether my ninteen year old daugher can go with us she was supposed to start uni in sept for nursing and my husband iand i are trying for visa 's on skilled trades but not sure it she can come with us anybody got any ideas

thanks

sue

Guest wardy

Hi Simon.

When we applied for our visa (March 07) my son as 17, when decision time came in December 07 he had turned 18.

At the time of application he was at college studying for a sports diploma in September/ October he decided to drop out as he didn't fel the course was right for him. :wacko:

When he left college he was already working part time on a contracted 14 hours a week job at Sainsbury's.

In October he was offered a job working a contracted 10 hours per week at a football centre. This was kind of a training proframme as they were teaching him how to run football leagues, organise tournaments etc, but it was not a formal training programme and he does not get any certificates at the end of it.

Both jobs paid about £5.75 an hour.

We gave all this evidence to our CO along with extra info about how we were paying for him to continue his football coaching badges as he was unable to pay for them being on a low wage after all his expenses. Especially as some of them can cost many 100's of pounds.

On March 3rd 08 he was granted his visa :jiggy:

So all is not lost as long as you can prove she is dependant on you.

But remember the decision regarding dependancy is made when they are making the decision about your visa, not at the time of application, which is what we thought.

If I had known that he would never have left college :smile:

Maybe we were lucky I don't know, but I told them everything I could about our and his circumstances and they obviously agreed he was still dependant.

Good luck

Archived