Should we use an agent??

thekeans

Hi all,

Just a quick question, How many of you use or used an agent and do you think that its ok to go alone??

I have researched till I'm blue in the face and found the correct visa, phoned a few agents with the free consultation to check it was the right one to get. However do we need one to go through the next stages??

I have the forms for the skills assessment and the regional sponsorship so can do all that by myself. How hard is the actual visa application to do alone?

If I need to use an agent can anyone recommend a cheap one, and I mean really cheap??

:wubclub:

Thanks

Clare

Guest sean,marie & gang

Hi, We are not using an agent. We have passed our TRA and from what we have been told this is the hardest bit ( it was a ball breaker though) We have been to a meet today and again like you said it was a 50/50 split on agents to non agents. I think its how much time you have to spend on it but even so using an agent you still have to supply all the info to them, so you might as well do it yourself. Also when looking at our application I just thought to myself an agent might have another 10-15 cases to look after thats another 20-30 peoples info as least if I do it myself and ask on line if I get stuck its just us to worry about!!!

Hope this helps

Marie

Guest Pinhead

I didn't use an agent & I had no problems getting my skilled visa. The application isn't that difficult it just takes a while to get all the information required together.

My tip would be to read all the requirements & follow them to the letter. If you have any questions ask the immi.

Hi, we didn't use an agent either but just asked like you at the beginning. If you have an agent you still have to get all the information and paperwork yourself anyway. We did sponsorship forms too ,none of the forms are that hard really if you take the time to read them.

Like, sean etc say the tra seems to be the hardest thing but we didn't have to go through that skill assessment, the one we did was also quite simple.

hope this helps a little.

It all depends on your situation

The forms are quite straight forward and yes, you can always ask advice on here, if you are an organised, methodical person they will be a doddle, the worse bit is gathering all the info and you have to do that whether you use an agent or not

BUT if you have any complications, past work history, not sure if you fit the criteria for your skill or if you are getting close to 45 years old, then I recommend using an agent

With an agent you are paying for thier expertise and knowlege of the process, my TRA application failed first time because I did not word things correctly, and agent knows what needs to be included and how to phrase things so that UK skills match Australian.

GOOD LUCK

Archived