Transfering money back to UK

Guest Jez0207

Guest Jez0207

Hi.

We have applied for Visas and have recently heard that it may be difficult to take your capital out of Australia if you decide to return to UK (friend had this happen in USA). Obviously we are very positive about the move and do not plan to return to UK if visas are granted. However, it would be nice to know that if we did want to return to UK we could take our money with us! Any information or advice on this matter gratefully received. Thanks,

Jez

1 of my relations said this to us so i checked on the internet aussie goverment site can't remember which now but if i remember it right you can move $2000 dollars then above that you are required to inform them of the amount you are moving then there is no limit

but i'm sure someone else will be along with exact infomation

Guest Jez0207

Hi. Thanks for response. Noticed that you are at Alfreton. We live in Chesterfield. Did you go to the Notts/Derby meet up today?

Jez

Guest Jez0207

We attended too - sat right at top of room on circular table. We have applied for 175 visas (applied on-line on boxing day). Hoping to move to Adelaide or Melbourne (property prices and weather). Do you have your visas? Would be good to meet up. We live Barlborough so could meet near J28. We have a little boy (19 months) but could get a baby-sitter one evening in week (8pm ish) or meet at weekend?

Guest Pinhead
Hi.

We have applied for Visas and have recently heard that it may be difficult to take your capital out of Australia if you decide to return to UK (friend had this happen in USA). Obviously we are very positive about the move and do not plan to return to UK if visas are granted. However, it would be nice to know that if we did want to return to UK we could take our money with us! Any information or advice on this matter gratefully received. Thanks,

Jez

There aren't any currency restrictions in place in Australia. When I was there I moved over 20K AUD from Oz to the UK by just going into my branch of the CBA and the transaction was processed immediately.

The bank may have reported it but it didn't stop or hinder the transaction.

Archived