190 permanent visa EOI query

JALAN

Hi All

We are a family of 4 embaking on a move to oz, have found an agent, and we forgot to ask a vital question. Just wondered if anyone would know, as cannot wait till monday, driving us mad. Are we likely to be refused as we have an autistic boy. Our boy is in main stream school and has never required any medication and otherwise healthy apart from communicstion problem he is learning to deal with. He is only 6.

Also i am a nurse and have been asked to sit the IELTS test. I am petrified, is it really hard, any advice tips before i sign up, praying the autsim does not scupper our plans

Hello Jalan

The first thing I would say is do you have to use a agent? we done it on our own and saved a lot of money!! the cannot do anything you cant do yourself and it doesn't speed up your application. We started the process in March and our 190 Visa was granted in August. I am also a Nurse and sat the ILETS test, it isn't that bad just practice from a revision guide if you have one or go online and practice. I also found myself getting caught out on the listening as I actually got bored and found myself drifting away!!! but still scored enough points. However we then decided to go as my husband being the main applicant as I didn't want my work to find out anything at the present? With regards to your Son having Autism I am really not sure, but I think you will be ok as they only seem to refer if they think you may drain there Health System. As you said its not a medical problem it is a Social one so if they do refuse on that part surely that would be discrimination???? I would ring or email DIAC to find this out before you start the process. Hope all goes well and good luck.

Hello Jalan

The first thing I would say is do you have to use a agent? we done it on our own and saved a lot of money!! the cannot do anything you cant do yourself and it doesn't speed up your application. We started the process in March and our 190 Visa was granted in August. I am also a Nurse and sat the ILETS test, it isn't that bad just practice from a revision guide if you have one or go online and practice. I also found myself getting caught out on the listening as I actually got bored and found myself drifting away!!! but still scored enough points. However we then decided to go as my husband being the main applicant as I didn't want my work to find out anything at the present? With regards to your Son having Autism I am really not sure, but I think you will be ok as they only seem to refer if they think you may drain there Health System. As you said its not a medical problem it is a Social one so if they do refuse on that part surely that would be discrimination???? I would ring or email DIAC to find this out before you start the process. Hope all goes well and good luck.

With complicated cases it is usually best to use the services of a registered agent.

Passing the health requirement and public interest criteria for visa process is exempt from any discrimination acts.

DIAC or DIBP help line are not the people to call - they are not there to give migration advice and more often give wrong or misleading information - they are not accountable for the bad advice they give. There is even a disclaimer on the DIBP site stating this and to use a MARA agent for migration advice.

Hi All

We are a family of 4 embaking on a move to oz, have found an agent, and we forgot to ask a vital question. Just wondered if anyone would know, as cannot wait till monday, driving us mad. Are we likely to be refused as we have an autistic boy. Our boy is in main stream school and has never required any medication and otherwise healthy apart from communicstion problem he is learning to deal with. He is only 6.

Also i am a nurse and have been asked to sit the IELTS test. I am petrified, is it really hard, any advice tips before i sign up, praying the autsim does not scupper our plans

You should talk to the agent about this before you go too far down the path. It will almost certainly mean more hoops to jump through but really no way of knowing what the outcome will be. It sounds like he is at the high functioning end of the spectrum so that is something at least.

Archived