Chances of getting invitation at 60 points - Visa 189 - Software Engineer

Khushi

Hi All,

I am planning to file EOI for Visa 189 under skill category Software Engineer (261313). My current points are 60 (inclusive of ACS , age , Ielts).

Does anyone know whether there are chances of getting invitation at 60 points in this nominated occupation category?

Is anyone aware how much time it takes to get invitation for 60 points?

Also, Can we update our EOI application with partner skills and latest Ielts results in the process?

Please Help.

Thanks

Thanks..I saw that report ...I currently hold 60 points..but Partner skill assessment is in process so will claim those 5 points as well.

Will be going ahead with EOI and as soon as partner skill assessment is done , will edit to add those 5 points.

Kushi, have you ever considered a different occupation? As a software engineer ,you might be considered for other closely related occupations. Have you always worked as software engineer? I am not that familiar with the details of your occupation but as my job gave me the opportunity to meet all kinds of people working with systems , I have noticed that a software engineer can be employed in any of the occupations below:

ICT business Analyst 261111 ACS

Systems Analyst 261112 ACS

Analyst Programmer 261311 ACS

Developer Programmer 261312 ACS

Software Engineer 261313 ACS

I am not familiar with you particular situation but might be an option to explore. You still can submit your current EOI and then work on a skill assessment for a different occupation.

Kushi, have you ever considered a different occupation? As a software engineer ,you might be considered for other closely related occupations. Have you always worked as software engineer? I am not that familiar with the details of your occupation but as my job gave me the opportunity to meet all kinds of people working with systems , I have noticed that a software engineer can be employed in any of the occupations below:

ICT business Analyst 261111 ACS

Systems Analyst 261112 ACS

Analyst Programmer 261311 ACS

Developer Programmer 261312 ACS

Software Engineer 261313 ACS

I am not familiar with you particular situation but might be an option to explore. You still can submit your current EOI and then work on a skill assessment for a different occupation.

All these occupation codes are under the same pro-rata monthly invitation limits. So changing occupation code will make no difference and could affect work experience claims- for closely related. Best way to maximise chance of invitation is to gain more points by partner points or ielts, or state nomination.

You are right, getting max points for IELTS ( we do not know if he claims 10 or 20) and spouse is a better way to increase the score.

Are you sure about all of the occupations above? I just checked this morning, and it looks like only those are limited:

We have continued to receive high numbers of EOIs for below six occupations:

• 2331 Chemical and Materials Engineers
  • 2334 Electronics Engineers
  • 2339 Other Engineering Professionals
  • 2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts
  • 2613 Software and Applications Programmers
  • 2633 Telecommunications Engineers.

Due to this high level of demand, there will be limitations on the number of invitations issued for the remainder of the 2013-14 program year.

Hi DianaK,

Many thanks for your response. My migration agent told me that i will fall under the category of Software Engineer ( my work experience being in Software Testing).Moreover if i go for skill assessment under any other category , it will take me 3 more months to get a response.So i am relying on partner's skill assessment and ielts score 8 ( current is 7 :-( ).

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am a big data and cloud developer. Will ACS assess me my work experience in this area as a software engineering work experience or developer programming experience or analyst programming experience. Or they will not consider the big data and cloud development experience at all to be falling closely related to the the fore mentioned areas.

Thanks in advance

Archived