How often are your kids sick here in Oz compared to the UK?

SallyKay

When we lived in the UK I used to get bronchitis every Winter but I have only had it here once in all the years. I remember us all getting tummy bugs the first year we were here- I used to think it was the water supply at that time. Another thing that one of my kids picked up was school sores which were going round in the 1970s. Horrible things.

Don't know about kids but I reckon I am sick here more than I was in the UK, maybe its the air con (home and office work). Winter just gone wasn't so bad but the winter before we were both ill on and off for 3 months.

Also, I now get a bit of hay fever whereas I never used to in the UK. It only lasts for a couple of months, usually about this time, but it is a nuisance. When we first arrived, my asthma was bad for 6 months but has settled down now and I never get it at all. I guess both conditions are probably affected by the change in air/pollen etc.

That's strange Hay fever doesn't bother me in Brisbane but used to in UK pretty bad. Saying that I got killer hayfever in the Barossa Valley a couple of weeks back (first time i've ever been effected here)

Never really been that ill here or UK for that matter.

I think kids get sick wherever because they catch a lot at school

Archived