Been MIA lately

Caz Brady

Hi all

I've not been on for a while. Don't know where the time has gone tbh! Trying to get into school routine and im shattered!

Also we're not sure about going to Oz :eek: my hubby got a full time job 4 days before we got the visa! It's really put a dampener on things! Strange that to feel deflated by getting a job and the visa!

There's also a good prospect of me getting a a part time job that will lead to full time.

If wr had a PR visa we'd still be more certain about the move but not as easy to leave jobs!

Anyway that's the situation I'm going to try and be around more again.

Right I'm off the children want feeding!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Very little commitment here. Forget about migration as it just wouldn't work.

You don't know me or anything about me! You have no idea how committed we are! We've been through a fair bit to get this visa!

It's a massive decision to make and we have 3 children to think of.

I think it's quite natural to second guess such a massive decision and does not show a lack of commitment to think about things and weigh up our options now that our circumstances have changed!

You don't know me or anything about me! You have no idea how committed we are! We've been through a fair bit to get this visa!

It's a massive decision to make and we have 3 children to think of.

I think it's quite natural to second guess such a massive decision and does not show a lack of commitment to think about things and weigh up our options now that our circumstances have changed!

To illustrate your point,theres been dozens on here 100% committed to aus,absolutely certain they'd love it,within a few months they have wanted to come back and have come back,so eagerness and all that proves nothing,thats why i never say i know i'll love living in aus,i think i would/will,but nobody knows till they get there,its that simple,you do whats right for you and yours girl,just make sure yer stick around me little tater:smile:,even if yer are a man utd supporter:mad::laugh:

Good luck with your decision!:wink:

If I'd said we were still barging ahead regardless I'd have been told not to bother there's no jobs blah blah!

I know everyone has their own opinion and they're entitled to them and it's a forum but jeez there's no need to be so judgemental about people who you don't even know!

Just being back on here today has made me want to go more again, myself and and himself have just been talking about it!

Anyway thanks for sticking up for me pabs I'll stick around don't worry!

Guest Guest16631

..........it's a fork in the road your travelling Caz.......

..........and as we cannot see what either holds or leads to......

..........all anyone can do ......is prepare as much as we can.....

...........and choose the path that suits as many of our family unit.......in as many ways as possible.....

............and hopefully it's also our dream .....

............life's about choices........but consequences too......we have to choose wisely.....

...........I wish you and yours all the best .......with whichever path you choose to tread........tink x

Cheers MtT and tink!

I'm a bit cranky today up half the night with one of the dogs (ear infection trying to stop him scratching plus the noise of him going about flapping his big spaniel ears was driving me nuts!) And then up early with the excitement of the tooth fairy's first visit to our house! So i'm prob a bit defensive!

Guest Guest16631

....it's a big decision in your lives......

.....and as such.........needs careful consideration....IMO....

......and not flippant comments....

......though tbh I don't think it was a heartfelt or maliciously intended comment ......just flippant...!.......and out of place....IMO...!

Obviously I could be wrong, but I assume your husband has been not working full time for a while, and this new job should by and large be seen as good news. And your own job prospects have taken a turn for the better, which I guess is good too. What kind of visa have you been given, if not PR?

Are there any time constraints which mean you couldn't postpone your plans and see how things pan out with your new employers?

Hubby was self employed still sott of busy but no continuity. He's a tiler and the job is sales in a tile store so he's been there about 3 weeks and it's going okay, he's also got a few tiling jobs out of it so that's okay. We've got a 489 regional sponsored have to validate by July 9th next year so yeah we've got a bit of time to decide.

I have been looking forward to emigrate for 5 and a half years however, last year in Spring when we were having some lovely weather and we were happy in our current lives we doubted our decision and worried if we were doing the right thing. We decided Australia wasn't for us right now and decided to buy a touring caravan and tour Europe with the children for a few years first (in school hols of course). However, after we had bought a new car to tow the caravan and just before we committed to a caravan we started trying to figure out what we wanted in life. It took 3 months of tooing and froing but eventually we realised we still wanted Australia and we were silly in buying a caravan.

It messed us up a little, we were back to paying 4 years of car finance wheras the previous car was fully paid. However, spending the time considering our options and being open to staying in the UK helped us determine what we truly wanted instead of just going with the flow of emigrating. Even this year we spent some time looking at Canada and New Zealand.

Its a huge decision and one that I cant make unless I am 100% therefore I do take time to critique my choices and work through my feelings.

I think its a brave decision you have made and I am sure with time you will realise what is right for your family.

If I'd said we were still barging ahead regardless I'd have been told not to bother there's no jobs blah blah!

I know everyone has their own opinion and they're entitled to them and it's a forum but jeez there's no need to be so judgemental about people who you don't even know!

Just being back on here today has made me want to go more again, myself and and himself have just been talking about it!

Anyway thanks for sticking up for me pabs I'll stick around don't worry!

Don't worry about anything sprintman says, unimportant. You make the decision you want, the way you want it!

Archived