Cities in the UK you have not yet been to (but would like to check out)

Red Rose

I think a lot of people are surprised at how lovely Newcastle is. Some people still think its a dirty industrial city. We're lucky to be a short drive to the coast and beautiful countryside. I love it, it's home! I'm glad you liked it Red Rose.

Oh I've just filled up!

Haha, lol, I did the Great North Run there a few years ago and the race ends at South Shields: the views across the beach were soooo pretty.

Guest guest30085
I went to Leeds once with an 'old friend' had a fab night! :wink:

Do you think the quality of the place matters ...... or the quality of the 'old friend' :biggrin::wink::laugh:

Do you think the quality of the place matters ...... or the quality of the 'old friend' :biggrin::wink::laugh:

Oh definitely the quality of the 'old friend'! The fact that Leeds was a good night out was a bonus, if it had been crap I would've still had a fab night! :jiggy: Do you concur?

Guest guest30085
Oh definitely the quality of the 'old friend'! The fact that Leeds was a good night out was a bonus, if it had been crap I would've still had a fab night! :jiggy: Do you concur?

Definitely! Some of the best nights have been in some of the strangest of places :biggrin::wink:

What is Nottingham like? Have never really heard anything good or bad....

I had a mate who did uni there.

he learnt quickly to walk around with only £10 in his wallet.

once he was mugged for the tenner, then walked away. 2 minutes later he was stopped again just around the corner. He told the guy that he had just been mugged 2 minutes before so bad luck, he had nothing left. The guy said ok and let him walk away! :laugh:

I had a mate who did uni there.

he learnt quickly to walk around with only £10 in his wallet.

once he was mugged for the tenner, then walked away. 2 minutes later he was stopped again just around the corner. He told the guy that he had just been mugged 2 minutes before so bad luck, he had nothing left. The guy said ok and let him walk away! :laugh:

Actually now you mention it, it does have a reputation for having a lot of crime as your example acutely underlines :laugh:

Perhaps I will give Nottingham a miss....:nah:

What is Nottingham like? Have never really heard anything good or bad....

Loved Nottingham. But I was a fair bit younger then. Travelled up with the sole intention of going to 'Rock City' great nightclub. Happenend across some great pubs tho, the ones that brew their own beers. Lots of character.

Archived