Newlyweds looking to emigrate

vixg

Hi,

I'm Vicky 35 a staff nurse with 7 years experience in acute medicine, my hubby of 3 months is Ian he's 39 and currently working for a well known super-market chain. We are looking to possibly emigrate within the next 18 months at least. Thing is there are so many questions in my head like where do we move to?, what order we need to look at doing things. Looking forward to getting to know you all and picking your brains.

Vicky:smile:

• 1 month later...

Hi you need to first decide who will be main applicant so check out Immi.gov.au for calculation for points. If its for yourself you need to check out AHPRA and ANMAC websites for registration. This is a link to a timeline I wrote for someone, it may give you some help. There's a few nurses threads on here which are really helpful. As for where to live only you can decide that, if your not too specific go where the jobs are

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/188485-nurses-family-need-basics-get-started-move-oz-3.html#post1936257772

Hi Vicky

Welcome to the forum, i would hazard a guess your occupation will be your ticket in to Aus,maybe call an agent for some starting advice, there are quite a few reputable ones mentioned in our migration section.

Good Luck with everything

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vicky,

I've got quite a few friends who are expat nurses over here. I can find out all sorts of info for you. Also happy to chat about different suburbs, I've pretty much lived in the main areas of Sydney and if I haven't I've got friends that have. Do you want to send me a pm to let me know what info you would like me to get for you?

Archived