Renewal of Passport

stockburn

Hi Guys

Hoping someone can answer this, I have my 176 visa, and have just renewed my passport then realized the visa will be against my old passport number.

I still have the old one just in case, and I have filled in a 929 form to inform them of the update which I sent to my immigration office in Adelaide but had no response from them bar an auto emailed response.

Is there anything else I can do, anyone I can contact to make sure when I land next year I won’t be put in small room and shouted at?

I will be taking both the old passport and the 929 form just in case there are issues (paranioa justified I think!)

Cheers

Dave

Hi Guys

Hoping someone can answer this, I have my 176 visa, and have just renewed my passport then realized the visa will be against my old passport number.

I still have the old one just in case, and I have filled in a 929 form to inform them of the update which I sent to my immigration office in Adelaide but had no response from them bar an auto emailed response.

Is there anything else I can do, anyone I can contact to make sure when I land next year I won’t be put in small room and shouted at?

I will be taking both the old passport and the 929 form just in case there are issues (paranioa justified I think!)

Cheers

Dave

hi dave it takes few weeks for new passport to be registered in system but although u have no visa on new one it will still be in the system. but i always carry old passport with me but neva had a problem

Hi,

Same case here, My VISA 176 - WA SS , was issued on old passport number , got it changed to new passport number easily .

Nothing to worry about , I had my new passport issued , and just filled in form 929 ,along with old and new passport copies , sent to DIAC and got it changed in around 10 days.

August 11, 2013 sent to DIAC

August 19 , 2013 - New passport number available in VEVO

Nothing to worry about

Plus, also got confirmation from Australian High Commission that , we can travel on both passports , and just to carry confirmation receipt of

Form 929 - Change of details submission.

Cheers

MS

Archived