best way to buy melbourne to heathrow flights from uk, one way?

SGHJLL

Lots of sites seem to charge a fortune in AUD to book Australia to Uk flights - from the UK.

Is there a better way of doing this? Any good sites you can recommend please?

Wanting a one way flight for my daughter so don't want a long stopover flight on an uncomfortable airline :smile:

Flights originating in Aus are always going to cost more and singles are always going to cost proportionately more than returns unfortunately. It might actually be cheaper to buy a return and not use the return portion! If your daughter is a student, I'd be tempted to visit STA travel agency and see what they suggest. Both my son and I were unable to use our return tickets because circumstances changed for us and the airlines initially extended the ticket for 12 months but then refunded the taxes on the return portion when we were still unable to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to do the exact same booking. MEL to LHR one way. I did have specific flights and dates so had no choice in the respect of airlines etc. However, I tried booking this via the airline, and got a stupid price, then tried through aus based travel agents, but the price was cheaper by booking it in the UK with an agent. I used trailfinders, very helpful and the best price (and no CC charges). This was about 18 months ago though. Worth ringing around. Did look at a return ticket but was a lot more (especially as starting in AUss !)

Archived